Yes, I re-profiled, and have the latest drivers for my graphics card. Yes, I'm running two displays. The card uses an NVIDIA GT 430 and the NVIDIA Control Panel. I think it's a pretty standard card: PCI Express 2.0, 1GB of memory and OpenGL 4.0 support.
I think you're correct about my card being part of the problem, at least as far as the photos looking different in PS and ACR. I've done a lot of testing and noticed a very strange behavior. I use an Acer display for my main display, then drag my photos from PS to my NEC. So, PS and my tools are on my Acer, and just my photo on my NEC. Often, when I would drag a photo to my NEC, it would appear over saturated, whereas if I drag the ARC window over to my NEC it looks fine. Hence, the difference in the look of the two photos. For some unknown reason, I when I did another test with the same photo, and I dragged it to my NEC, it looked normal. But, if I click and hold on the photo window to move it around on my NEC, it reverts to over saturated until I release the mouse. Very strange!
As far as the profiles problem, I think it's a Bridge cache problem. As a test, on a couple of occasions I purged and rebuilt the cache for a folder, and after a rather long wait Bridge eventually showed the imbedded profiles. I guess I could use some advice on how best to set up the cache in Bridge. One potential problem I see is that my computer is set up for two accounts, and photos are sometimes edited, at different times, using both accounts. I noticed that Bridge, and ACR, caches are by default saved in different folders depending on which account is used. Instead of the default location for the caches, should I set them under each computer account to the same location? In the Bridge cache option, should I select "Build 100% Previews" and "Export Cache To Folders"?