Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photozoom Pro vs. FM Resize Pro  (Read 6285 times)

sc21

Photozoom Pro vs. FM Resize Pro
« on: July 16, 2005, 11:46:10 pm »

I've found Miranda's 10D CS Pro II action to work very well, and was curious about the Resize, but when I asked on another forum, those with experience with it said it didn't live up to its billing.  If you like what you got, I'd stick with it.

eliedinur

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:06:55 am »

I was lucky enough to dicover Photozoom a couple years ago when they were just starting out and bought it at $40. I regularly use it to resize to 240 ppi at 12x18 inches before printing (Epson 1290).  I find that it's all too easy to oversharpen with it so I usually go with Photo Soft and add a bit more high pass sharpening if it's needed.
Elie
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 11:26:49 pm »

I downloaded Photozoom Pro and played with it. Is this supposed to go both ways, up-res and down-res? Can’t tell by the help file although it’s advertised as an “enlargement” application. From my down-res results I have to believe it is strictly an enlargement application.. Yes?
paul b.k.
New England, USA

RobertJ

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 03:39:59 pm »

I don't know if many of you guys do lots of interpolation, but I'm a regular user of Photozoom Pro, and it's a very good program.  Probably the best interpolation program I've tried, but I haven't tried them all.  But I'm wondering if anyone's compared it to Fred Miranda's Resize Pro?  I really wish I could download a trial version, which is why I haven't been able to do any comparisons.  Has anyone made any comparisons with these two programs?

If it compares well, it'll be an extremely cheap alternative.  $130 vs. $29.  What do you guys think?

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 05:35:29 am »

I think you get what you pay for.  Photozoom pro is the best out there.  I have tried quite a few.  Fred Miranda's stuff seems to be largely re-packaged Photoshop actions, not new technology.

Photoshop Bicubic smoother is pretty good for modest upsizing.

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 05:10:59 pm »

I'm a fan of PhotoZoom as well.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 01:56:04 am »

There isn't really any reason not to use Photoshop for downsizing; between Bicubic and a bit of Focus Magic you can bring out as much detail as mathematically possible in the downsized image. PhotoZoom doesn't downsize particularly well; Genuine Fractals is significantly better in that respect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up