I'd been scanning Portra NC 160 on a flatbed scanner, but today tried some scans with an Imacon 848. My intention was to do minimal processing in FlexColor – I thought the Portra profile would yield good results for later processing if I just set the histogram correctly & then did my post-processing later in LR/PS.
But the Portra profile didn't seem accurate enough to allow such a simple treatment. The color was less accurate than my flatbed scans. I was especially bothered by overwhelming greens, when other colors came close to what I expected. I had trouble correcting them, either in the FlexColor or later with PS. The scanner's owner checked me out, & we saw no incorrect settings.
--Have others seen color anomalies with this combination of film & scanner profile?
--I didn't have time to check & see: does the FlexColor RGB Standard profile perhaps give better results with Portra 160 NC?
(Other than this color problem, I was a happy scanner. With sharpening/texture set at -120, the images looked much clearer than flatbed scans, yet didn't have the over-sharpness of FlexColor's default sharpening. In this respect they looked very 'photographic' to my eyes, which are still calibrated to 20th-century photo norms.)
Kirk