Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: River Etive & Lochan Urr - Scottish Highlands  (Read 1006 times)

DuncanAndison

• http://www.takenfromthetop.com/
River Etive & Lochan Urr - Scottish Highlands
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:58:45 pm »

I took this shot of the River Etive and Lochan Urr when on a campint trip to Glen Etive back in January. The weather took pity on us and allowed a quick glimpse before clouding over again!

You can see a framed shot if you click on the image.

Thanks for looking.

Duncan

Canon 5d mkii - 17-40L @ 17mm - ISO 200 - f/16 - 1/80th sec - Handheld

buggslife

• Buggslife Photography
Re: River Etive & Lochan Urr - Scottish Highlands
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:23:00 am »

Good stuff - I was at the bottom where the river meets the loch the other week, canoeing. 

I like the composition of this, great balance.  The rocks in the foreground have plenty of interest and the lines of the mountain sides then draw the eye down to the river.  The only possible negative is the somewhat negative space in the top left, maybe it just seems quite dark but not sure what you could do about that.

Sorry if you were not looking for any comments but I liked it and got typing.

DuncanAndison

• http://www.takenfromthetop.com/
Re: River Etive & Lochan Urr - Scottish Highlands
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:30 am »

Good stuff - I was at the bottom where the river meets the loch the other week, canoeing. 

I like the composition of this, great balance.  The rocks in the foreground have plenty of interest and the lines of the mountain sides then draw the eye down to the river.  The only possible negative is the somewhat negative space in the top left, maybe it just seems quite dark but not sure what you could do about that.

Sorry if you were not looking for any comments but I liked it and got typing.

Thank you very much.... comments are always welcome! Do you mean the area far left hand side around the top of the ridge? I did lift some of the shadows around there. I wanted to keep good contrast between the ridge and the snow but I was wondering about lifting some of the shadow mid-tones around the centre to top of the ridge. Thanks again for the feedback!

Duncan
Pages: [1]   Go Up