Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data completely gone in pictures  (Read 857 times)

manneca

Data completely gone in pictures
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:35:10 pm »

I'm hoping someone here can answer this question. This happened to me in 2006 and then again last month. I shot some pictures and reviewed them on the computer. They were fine. Now there is nothing but black images. Both on the computer and on the SD card. Different cameras, though both Canon. Shot in RAW.. Other images shot on the same card are fine. I don't understand how they could simply disappear on all media and all copies. The histogram for the pictures is just a few lines, so I don't think there is any way to recover the images. No, I haven't been smoking funny cigarettes.

Paul Sumi

Re: Data completely gone in pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »

More information woudl be useful.  What OS are you using, and which program(s) are used to view the files?  Did you recently change anything with your OS, or with the program with which you are viewing your pictures?

Thanks,

Paul

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Data completely gone in pictures
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:18:37 pm »

Man, Sandisk Rescue Pro probably can recover your pictures. What do you mean by "both cameras?" Do you mean you switched the card from one camera to the other without removing the files and formatting on the second camera?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up