Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exchange of glass in Epson V750  (Read 2800 times)

jsch

  • Guest
Exchange of glass in Epson V750
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:36 am »

Hi,

I plan to exchange the scanner glass in my Epson V750 to an anti newton glass, because I use it only to scan 8x10 inch film. I found the attached drawing. I guess no. 109 is the scanner glass, does anyone know the exact measurements and the thickness of this glass? Thank you.

Best,
Johannes
Logged

Bart_van_der_Wolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8919
Re: Exchange of glass in Epson V750
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:52 am »

Hi,

I plan to exchange the scanner glass in my Epson V750 to an anti newton glass, because I use it only to scan 8x10 inch film. I found the attached drawing. I guess no. 109 is the scanner glass, does anyone know the exact measurements and the thickness of this glass? Thank you.

Hi Johannes,

While I don't have the answer to your questions, I do offer a piece of advice. The optmal plane of focus is situated slightly above the glass platen! That's why separate holders are available for placement on top of the default glas platen. The size of the scanning surface is slightly less than 8x10in, so you might want to consider your own solution with the concept of focus height in mind.

Cheers,
Bart
Logged
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Christoph C. Feldhaim

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2509
  • There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Exchange of glass in Epson V750
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:52 am »

I'd rather wet mount instead of using Anti-Newton glass, since the AN glass will trade the Anti-Newton effect for loss of sharpness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up