Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon 500mm F/4 AI-P (SOLD)  (Read 530 times)

EverPhoto

FS: Nikon 500mm F/4 AI-P (SOLD)
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:51:14 am »

I bought this lens for wildlife shooting. I seldom do that anymore and need a Nikon 200mm F/2.0 VR much more so I am selling this lens along with two others to fund that purchase.

This lens performs exceedingly well. It is very sharp, but if you are reading this you probably know that already. The main attraction to this lens is its light weight of 6.5 pounds for a 500/4. That may sound a bit heavy but as far as 500mm F/4 lenses go it is quite light.

I would love to say this lens is in mint condition, but it's not. The lens itself is in very nice condition with only a few mars/rubs here and there. The lens hood has taken the brunt of the beating as you can see in the photos. No deep scratches/gouges in the hood but it has its share of "rubs". Just take a look at the photos. There is one piece of dust that I can see on one of the internal lense surfaces. I believe removing the rear cowling would provide access to that back surface and you might be able to whisk it off but do so at your own risk. Frankly, I haven't been bothered at all by it. The images this lens puts out are just fine.

The lens will include:
   Rear cap
   Neoprene front cap
   Drop-in filter holder
   Nikon L37C 39mm filter
   Original leather cinch-on cover
   Wimberley lens foot plate - this works with my Really Right Stuff gear.
   Foot plate spacer to allow hood to be put on reversed. I made this myself. See photo.

The neoprene cap is much easier to take on and off that the old leather cinch-on covers. Writing that just made me realize I forgot to take a picture of the original leather cinch-on cover. OK - too lazy to do it now...

Pics of the lens on my web site.

Price is $2475 shipped and PayPal'd to the Continental United States (CONUS). Your PayPal account must be Verified and have a Confirmed shipping address. I am not considering selling the lens outside of CONUS at this time. If you are in or near northeast Ohio and would like to see the lens in person that can be arranged.

I am not an equipment dealer - I only buy and sell gear to suit shooting needs. I am selling this lens along with two other lenses to fund the purchase of a Nikon 200mm F/2.0 VR which is a lens I will use alot more than this 500mm for my current shooting needs.

Thank you for reading my post.

Lens was sold for $2300. Thank you for shopping :-)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:07:01 pm by EverPhoto »
Pages: [1]   Go Up