Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premier Imaging Products Eco Print Shield???  (Read 3035 times)

DAV33

Premier Imaging Products Eco Print Shield???
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:02:42 am »

I have been trying to purchase a gallon of Eco Print Shield Gloss product since early January. No one has any in stock, and no one appears to have any idea when it will be back in stock.  I heard from one distributor that Premier had a “contamination” problem. But here we are months later nearly into May with no supply apparently in sight. I have sent two e-mails to premier seeking an answer, but with no response. This does not inspire confidence in the company’s concern for its customers.

I am aware that similar products exist from other sources, but I am trying to avoid having to establish a new work flow for a different product and the inevitable learning curve that goes along with it. So my question is, has anyone out there heard anything about when Eco Print Shield might hit distributors shelves again???

scrinch

• www.jkwhitephoto.com
Re: Premier Imaging Products Eco Print Shield???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:50:12 am »

No,  I had the same problem getting Eco Shield and used the substitute Clear Shield Matte. It seems to work very much the same.

DAV33

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:45:32 am »

I have seen this suggested as a replacement for Eco Print Shield, but can find no evidence that Clear Shield has ever been tested by Wilhelm-Research for permanence. Thus I have not ordered any.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:53:55 am »

Of course I don't know where you are located, but I get this product at Vistek in Toronto and they are showing it in stock.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

DAV33

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:34 pm »

Thanks for the info.

Adorama, NYC : "This item is currently back ordered from the Mfr. We have no estimated time of arrival for this item
Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.
We will not charge your card for any backordered items, until it is ready to actually ship."

Atlex, Florida: "PremierArt Eco Print Shield - Satin - 1 Gallon - OUT OF STOCK". 

IT Supplies, IL" "Out of Stock"

Perhaps you are lucky in Canada, although Eco Print Shield cannot be shipped in freezing weather.

Gene Coggins

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:51:52 am »

I wonder if the stuff is made in Japan?

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:08 am »

I was in the same position about a month ago, and ended up trying Glamour II and really liked it.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

DAV33

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »

I wonder if the stuff is made in Japan?

Eco Print Shield is a product of the USA, and I believe that it ships from Chicago.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:16:19 pm by DAV33 »

DAV33

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:42 pm »

I was in the same position about a month ago, and ended up trying Glamour II and really liked it.

I initially started out using Glamour II, but switched to Eco Print because I liked the fact that you didn't have to premix "gloss" and "matt" to obtain an intermediate surface finish [the resulting mixture of which cannot be saved after dilution with water for roller application].  However I have work stacking up, so Glamour II may be the only viable alternative with a known track record.

Garnick

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:07 pm »

Eco Print Shield is a product of the USA, and I believe that it ships from Chicago.

Not sure where Eco Print ships from, but it's a product of Premier Imaging in California.  I haven't called Vistek yet, but they are showing it on their website as in stock.  I don't know why there would be a problem in the U.S.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 02:06:10 am »

At the end of the last year a business representative of Premier told me that all the "Eco Print Shield" products would be reformulated and would be out of stock for a few months. After that this guy failed to deliver the products I was expecting, stopped returning my calls and I could not get any answer from premier to the few e-mails I sent. They do not seem to be concerned about customers.

I use ClearShield from ClearStar and like it very much.

Best regards.

mikev1

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:39 am »

You'll note that the Gloss isn't showing in stock only the Satin.  They recommend two coats of gloss before a third coat of whatever finish you want.  The info is on the website, why they didn't put that right on the container is beyond me.  Breathing Color's timeless is another option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up