Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review  (Read 4445 times)

marcvezina

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

Just to say if some of you still haven't read Sean Reid's review on the X100 - it's a must. This man knows what he is talking about. Sean you're a star! Fuji we're watching your next steps!
Logged

BFoto

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 239
    • Brad's blog
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:50:00 pm »

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:01:57 am »

Love this....http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=EoA0_o-PZk4
Fantastic!! If I hadn't read Michael's review it might have made me run out and buy one!
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:50:56 am »

Fantastic!! If I hadn't read Michael's review it might have made me run out and buy one!


You see? Sex sells almost anything. Unfortunately, the combination of sex, great models willing to ape for the camera etc, also comes with a price-tag that requires clients such as Fuji, to illustrate the point.

On the other hand, were some maker to give us the perfect little camera that works beautifully up to ISO 6400 or thereabouts, has no frills beyond the ability to swap lenses, expose via matrix metering (if desired) or even by guesstimation, was called the Nikon RF, I would be sorely tempted, models or not. But that's probably going to remain as much a fantasy as the video.

;-(

Rob C

Steve Weldon

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1479
    • Bangkok Images
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:09:49 am »

Reviews and videos aside, the Fuji x100 is a great little camera with image quality not seen in most DSLR's.  I've immensely enjoyed using mine over the last 6 weeks or so.  I've been 'on the road' for those 6 weeks in the process of moving and taking care of other personal stuff and I didn't want to lug around anything big.  The Fuji x100 has acquitted itself well for most of my uses. 

It's not perfect, but most of what isn't perfect 'could' be remedied by a major firmware upgrade, and Fuji has announced one is coming soon.

Even as is, for what I use the camera for, I don't notice the 'bugs'.  Well, not enough to irritate me.

It's a great little camera.
Logged
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4605
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26:56 am »

One of the most impressive advertisements I have seen. The sex fits well in with the rest of it.

I have heard the camera is a bit slow focussing for making portraits.. any one?


Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: Fuji-x100 - bugs and review
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 02:41:24 pm »

One of the most impressive advertisements I have seen. The sex fits well in with the rest of it.

I have heard the camera is a bit slow focussing for making portraits.. any one?







I suspect the focussing is best done personally, just like the other action in the video. Assuming you can, of course; focus manually, I mean. Anything esle is beyond the scope of the thread and becomes a case of too much information.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up