Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Sinar P3, Sinarback, CMV lenses does not work – HELP – Plea….se!!!  (Read 2575 times)

nhvma

• Pro One Studio - Mai Anh Photography - Commercial Photographer

Hello everyone,

I bought a used Sinar P3 System everything seams fine except it does not work with captureshop 5.6.6 or 6.0.2. I check everything but still get stuck. The problem is:

When I connect to the computer then the LED light from the back keeps flashing from red-yellow-green. I can trigger the software to take new image but just a deadly black images but there is not any actions from the lenses, or camera :(

I tried to upgrade firmware from 1.5 to 1.9 but could not. The SB_FW_Update app which I download from Sinar site or was sent to me by a very responsive tech support from Sinar did not work. It start up and then nothing I can do with it. I can not hit enter or click any button of the software.

I install other mac osx into my laptop and try to upgrade firmware or using Captureshop. But nothing happened.

Here is my laptop details:

Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:   MacBookPro6,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:   2.53 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache (per core):   256 KB
  L3 Cache:   3 MB
  Memory:   8 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:   4.8 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:   MBP61.0057.B0C
  SMC Version (system):   1.57f17
  Serial Number (system):   C02CW00TDC7C
  Hardware UUID:   66080E47-D12C-5709-A56B-2C1C972CB3F3
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:   Enabled

What going wrong then I do not know. Is there anyone can help me out or ponting me to any source of information so I can start to shoot my long time dream system.

Thanks and regards,
 Sorry about my English.
Thanks and regards,
Anh Nguyen
www.proonestudio.com

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at

Hello everyone,

I bought a used Sinar P3 System everything seams fine except it does not work with captureshop 5.6.6 or 6.0.2. I check everything but still get stuck. The problem is:

When I connect to the computer then the LED light from the back keeps flashing from red-yellow-green. I can trigger the software to take new image but just a deadly black images but there is not any actions from the lenses, or camera :(

I tried to upgrade firmware from 1.5 to 1.9 but could not. The SB_FW_Update app which I download from Sinar site or was sent to me by a very responsive tech support from Sinar did not work. It start up and then nothing I can do with it. I can not hit enter or click any button of the software.

I install other mac osx into my laptop and try to upgrade firmware or using Captureshop. But nothing happened.

Here is my laptop details:

Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:   MacBookPro6,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:   2.53 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache (per core):   256 KB
  L3 Cache:   3 MB
  Memory:   8 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:   4.8 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:   MBP61.0057.B0C
  SMC Version (system):   1.57f17
  Serial Number (system):   C02CW00TDC7C
  Hardware UUID:   66080E47-D12C-5709-A56B-2C1C972CB3F3
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:   Enabled

What going wrong then I do not know. Is there anyone can help me out or ponting me to any source of information so I can start to shoot my long time dream system.

Thanks and regards,
 Sorry about my English.

please make more specifications on the sinar system, make a picture of the camera as you are trying to use it - what kind of sinarback, how it is conected to the rear standard, with or without sliding back, is the bellow mounted so, that the conectors on the standards touch the conectors on the bellows (maybe your bellow is not mounted correctly), are the "gold" connectors clean?,  what kind of lens do you use (cmv?, cpl?), do you have the lc shutter in front of the lens for the live view, how is the system connected to the computer? (firewire?), how long is the firewire cable, did you make a proper hardware setup in the software, did you try to use any other earlyer sinar software 5,6.4 or so....but see first if the bellow is connected and mounted properly...

Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

nhvma

please make more specifications on the sinar system, make a picture of the camera as you are trying to use it - what kind of sinarback, how it is conected to the rear standard, with or without sliding back, is the bellow mounted so, that the conectors on the standards touch the conectors on the bellows (maybe your bellow is not mounted correctly), are the "gold" connectors clean?,  what kind of lens do you use (cmv?, cpl?), do you have the lc shutter in front of the lens for the live view, how is the system connected to the computer? (firewire?), how long is the firewire cable, did you make a proper hardware setup in the software, did you try to use any other earlyer sinar software 5,6.4 or so....but see first if the bellow is connected and mounted properly...

Thanks a lot for your time and in put Davor,

My system is:
Sinar P3
Back: 54H
Lenses: CMV 120, CMV 90
What I bought is LC shutter included but what I got the package without LC. I have my friend who helped me to buy the system from ebay. I can not buy directly from the buyer because he does not ship to Vietnam. I have my friend to ask the seller about the LC shutter.
I spend four days with the system with the help from the Sinar tech guys. What I have so far is:

Can not upgrade firmware under using Snow Leopard (this info would be good for someone have problem with upgrade the firmware). The tech said I need older version one.
I check all the pins and their contact by a multimeter. All are fine. The voltage reading from the pins at the front standard is 11.17v - 11.18V. I own a Sinar F2 so the setup would not be a problem.
I use an old Sinar between the lens shutter with the back then everything seams fine. The back capture an image but because the lens was just been hold in front of the front standard of the P3 so the image is useless. It indicated that the back is OK.
I am trying to find an old machine and try it with my system to see what happen. I will post the result here in hope of help and help other as well.

Thanks a lot
Thanks and regards,
Anh Nguyen
www.proonestudio.com

nhvma

The problem now is solved. There is a pin on the front standard covered by a thin clear pain.
Firmware updater runs in Mac G4 with OS 10.4.

Thank a lot for all your help, time, and input.

Regards,
Anh
Thanks and regards,
Anh Nguyen
www.proonestudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up