Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!  (Read 2196 times)

Enda Cavanagh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 636
    • http://www.endacavanagh.com

My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents (in multiple apps) Everything else print fine. The page is completely blank where the text should be but other stuff including graphics with black in it prints fine. Photos are printing fine also. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I haven' got a clue. I haven't changed my font. I have the latest drivers anyway but I reinstalled them and that didn't help.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:24:57 am by Enda Cavanagh »
Logged

peterbennetts

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17

my ipf6100 has started doing the same thing - pdfs. i can't figure it out...
Logged

Jeff Donald

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 224
    • Florida Center for Creative Photography

You may want to try this update for Snow Leopard users.  Not sure if that is your issue, but it has helped some people.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377
Logged

phila

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 327
    • www.philaphoto.com

There is a new Canon driver out that fixes this.

josh_m

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3

I spent ages searching for how to fix this before finding this driver update (it's not a whole new driver): http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0041321.asp

In case the link goes AWOL, the description text reads:
Quote
This is the update program for CUPS driver to fix the following failures.- When you print data which includes characters, the printer cannot print properly.- The printer can only print a part of data, or print with corrupted layout.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up