Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6.1 phocus is out  (Read 8037 times)

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
2.6.1 phocus is out
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:53:54 am »

Go get it, its free
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Dick Roadnight

Re: 2.6.1 phocus is out
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50:11 am »

Go get it, its free

On the Hasselblad.co.uk site it says:
Various metadata enhancements including extended EXIF data with lens model, camera serial number, subject distance, max. Aperture. EXIF in PSD exports as well as GPS tags in exported JPEG and PSD files.

Which seems strange... as I have requested this (for use with focus stacking for DOF merge), and David Grover has said that that info is not available to the camera, except as focus zone info rather that subject distance.

I have installed 2.6.1 and cannot find any subject distance info.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:25 am »

On the Hasselblad.co.uk site it says:
Which seems strange... as I have requested this (for use with focus stacking for DOF merge), and David Grover has said that that info is not available to the camera, except as focus zone info rather that subject distance.

I have installed 2.6.1 and cannot find any subject distance info.

The author probably had in mind the information on file in a graphics program such as Photoshop. When you open (jpg, tiff) Historically, the programs showed no such information.
Best regards,
DF

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:13 am »

Look under the advanced tab of the EXIF info in CS5 for example.

It is still only an approximation as the lens does not report a distance down to the nth degree, as I have described to you before.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

Look under the advanced tab of the EXIF info in CS5 for example.

It is still only an approximation as the lens does not report a distance down to the nth degree, as I have described to you before.

Thanks, David...
It seems that this info available on files exported by 2.6.1?
Is the info available in Phocus?
Is the info available during focusing... so that it can be used for DOF stacking?

...and what approximate distance equates to 1697/1000? and how do we calculate it?

The theory is that people buy advanced products from leading companies like Hasselblad because users know that it will do anything they might ever want it to do, even if the average user will not use all the functions.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:00:29 pm by Dick Roadnight »

design_freak

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:03 pm »

8)
Best regards,
DF

hubell

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »

David,  I think I may be impressed  by the new  "Gesture Support" for browsing images and adjusting sliders in 2.6.1, but I have no idea what the hell it is!

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 04:23:51 am »

David,  I think I may be impressed  by the new  "Gesture Support" for browsing images and adjusting sliders in 2.6.1, but I have no idea what the hell it is!
Something to do with the user interface... the computer will not react if you wave two fingers at it unless your fingers are in contact with the track-pad... and I think it understands three-fingered gestures as well.

...but I think it only works with track-pads ¿and touch screens?

Maybe they can develop a system that uses the computer's built-in camera (or plug-in web-cam) so the computer can interpret gestures without physical contact? ...a complete sign-language interface?

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 05:53:10 am »

:-[  ???
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 06:38:46 am »

Maybe they can develop a system that uses the computer's built-in camera (or plug-in web-cam) so the computer can interpret gestures without physical contact? ...a complete sign-language interface?

In fact, I can not wait to see this :-) ...
To be completely happy only lacks support for the device with the picture

Best regards,
DF

• Capture One
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:07:22 am »

Ha ha.

If you have an Apple Magic Mouse or trackpad you can make a number of different finger gestures, which are recognised by Phocus.

D
David Grover

• Capture One
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 07:10:32 am »

The info is not currently available in Phocus.

For Macro stacking work the information would not be useful at all with such small changes in focus.

1697/1000 = 1.679 Metres

Thanks, David...
It seems that this info available on files exported by 2.6.1?
Is the info available in Phocus?
Is the info available during focusing... so that it can be used for DOF stacking?

...and what approximate distance equates to 1697/1000? and how do we calculate it?

The theory is that people buy advanced products from leading companies like Hasselblad because users know that it will do anything they might ever want it to do, even if the average user will not use all the functions.
David Grover

cng

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 08:27:06 am »

If you have an Apple Magic Mouse or trackpad you can make a number of different finger gestures, which are recognised by Phocus.

That's very cool.  I know it's early days but maybe Hasselblad and P1 can do more in this regard for their respective iPad solutions?  The newly-released Adobe apps are going down this path, but not sure how truly practical these are.

P.S. If the software crashes then does the middle finger gesture do anything?   ;)

design_freak

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 09:53:01 am »

Ha ha.

D

David
Now, quite seriously.
Is it possible to disable it in Phocus? You can add this option in the preferences. If this function interfere with work.

Best regards,
DF

montero4

• http://foodportraits.com
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 08:33:48 am »

Talking about features....I've been using the wireless mouse as a wireless trigger actually where the mouse cursor onscreen is on the Capture icon. I have the mouse on the set far away from the computer, on the floor, and when I click it with my foot, the camera takes a picture. The problem is that sometimes my mouse moves so it no longer is on the capture icon and I have to move the mouse again. Could there be a feature where Phocus interprets -any- mouse click as a "command-N" so that phocus initiates a picture. This feature could be turned off or on. That would be neat. Or perhaps folks have other ways of doing this (triggering Phocus when you are away from the computer)? I'm using a CF22 with a Rollei lens control shutter on a view camera.

Jonah
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:41:00 am by montero4 »
Jonah Calinawan
[url=http://foodportrait

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:59 am »

Or perhaps folks have other ways of doing this (triggering Phocus when you are away from the computer)? I'm using a CF22 with a Rollei lens control shutter on a view camera.

Jonah
Can you not trigger Phocus on the computer from Phocus mobile on an iPad, and have Phocus fire the Rollie shutter?

I think the new Sinar eShutters are directly controllable from an iPad (and the shutter flash sync can then fire the camera, which then fires the flash?)  but, so far, I do not think Hasselblad have started thinking about eShutter comparability.

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 10:34:38 am »

Can you not trigger Phocus on the computer from Phocus mobile on an iPad, and have Phocus fire the Rollie shutter?

There are a number of Remote Desktop apps for the iPad, a few at the great price of "free," that allow you to remote into an XP, Vista or Windows 7 computer and take control. It it's quite easy to do, setup in minutes, and you will have full control over every application that runs on the PC (in fact you're merely seeing the PC's screen on the iPad); then you can tap at the Phocus buttons all you want. I'm not sure of the color depth for viewing images, but for triggering the shutter, here you go.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com
http://www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

I think the new Sinar eShutters are directly controllable from an iPad (and the shutter flash sync can then fire the camera, which then fires the flash?)  but, so far, I do not think Hasselblad have started thinking about eShutter comparability.

Weird! I just assumed this work work.  I have a CFii-39MS and Rollei lens control - I will try it sometime next week.
Rolleiflex USA

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 03:27:41 pm »

Yes you can definitely fire a Rollei Lens with electronic shutter via the Lenscontrol S with Phocus. Depending on the firmware of the Lenscontrol you can even control the aperture via Phocus.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:20 pm »

Yes you can definitely fire a Rollei Lens with electronic shutter via the Lenscontrol S with Phocus. Depending on the firmware of the Lenscontrol you can even control the aperture via Phocus.
¿Do you know if they have any plans to support the Sinar eShutter? ...David?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up