Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hugin sRGB profile default  (Read 1723 times)

pco98

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
Hugin sRGB profile default
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

Hello all

I've been using Hugin for batch processing panoramas but I see by default it applies an sRGB profile. Is there a way to apply ProPhoto or to simply not apply a profile. I don't want to bake in sRGB and not get the benefits of ProPhoto.

Thanks for any info or suggestions

Ross

NikoJorj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1083
    • http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »

Just to say, I'm too very interested by an answer... for the moment I still need a round trip in PS to apply the right profile again.
Logged
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

pco98

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »

My worry was that by having an sRGB profile baked in then you can't go back to a wider colour gamut. Has that colour information not been lost and while you can still apply ProPhoto there is no longer any benefit?

Thomas Krüger

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 447
    • http://thomaskrueger.eu
Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:19 pm »

Maybe somebody from the Hugin user group has a solution: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptx
Logged

NikoJorj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1083
    • http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:12 am »

My worry was that by having an sRGB profile baked in then you can't go back to a wider colour gamut.
Yes you can, as far as I can see Hugin just strips the profile from the original captures and replace it with sRGB.
It's just a matter of knowing the profile of the originals and reassigning it. Not a major bug, but a significant inconvenience.
Logged
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up