Poll

Check out this,, help if you can or bid if you can?

John Wimberley
- 0 (0%)
Charles Cramer
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Wimberley benefit sale and eBay store  (Read 940 times)

Robert Brummitt

John Wimberley benefit sale and eBay store
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:57:23 pm »

Hello again.

I would like to direct you to John Wimberley’s eBay store, http://stores.ebay.com/wimberleybenefitsale. I have the pleasure (I think) of donating a print to be auctioned off. When I say, “I Think” that’s because I’m with some very big names. Some very fine company! Photographers, who I have always enjoyed their work, their thoughts of our medium and truly enjoy working with on several workshops and educational events. Please, share the link with others who may wish to help John and possibly be the winning bidder of some truly fine photographs!
Remember, this is part of the fund raising efforts to help John and Teri, They have been burden with terrible bad luck when Teri was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. They have been trying to make ends meet. Teri is now in hospice care, she is bed ridden and John has been under medication for stress. The funds they gather will help greatly.
I don’t know about you but I would be outside of my mind if my lifes partner, my best friend, my wife was passing and I had to walk over to the local funeral home, make final arrangements for her and then come home to fix her dinner. John has done this and has been doing more for over a year now. If you can, please help. If you wish to donate directly or wish to send a word to John and Teri? Here is their email address, tjwimberley@charter.net.
The same address is John’s paypal account.
Thank you.

Robert Brummitt
PEG

Letter from John to those donated prints for the auction.

Dear Fellow Photographer,

First, I want to thank you again for your contribution to the Wimberley Benefit Sale auction. I also want to thank Robert Brummitt for coming up with the idea of a print sale and, for contacting you regarding donations.

All prints are now in my hands, and I’m ready to auction them on eBay. I have a fair amount of experience buying and selling on eBay, and have been pleased with the amount of attention that listed items, including prints, receive. For the benefit auction, I’ve opened an eBay store named “Wimberley Benefit Sale” at http://stores.ebay.com/wimberleybenefitsale. I plan to list the donated prints in 4 overlapping, 7 day auctions. Twenty photographers have donated prints, so the work of five photographers will be presented in each auction. Some of you generously donated more than one print, and in those cases I’ll auction your prints as a single lot. If you want me to say anything in particular about you or your work in the auction description, please let me know very soon. And it’s possible that I’ll contact you before I list your prints for more information.

To find the store on eBay, first search for one of the listed photographer’s names. Then click on “Visit Store” on the right side of the web page.

The first auction will begin March 10, and the last will end April 16. Please note that this schedule may have to change if Teri's condition changes. If so, I‘ll let you know immediately.

1) March 13 - 20: Steve Anchell, Robert Brummitt, Christopher Burkett, Martha Casanave, Charles Cramer

2) March 20 - 27: Mitch Dowbrowner, Jon Fishback, Hal Gage, Don Jacobson, Gene Kennedy

3) March 27 - 3: Don Kirby, Russell Levin, Stu Levy, Philip Morgan, Ann Quinn

4) April 3 - 10: Ryuijie, John Sexton, Matt Vogt, David Lorenz Winston, Huntington Witherill

Please do all you can to spread the word about the auctions! It’s a chance for exposure for your work, and it’s for a very good cause.

Warm regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up