Subscribe for $1/month
Login
Videos
Luminous Landscape Home
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
October 06, 2026, 01:04:30 pm
Home
Help
Search
Login (forum only)
Login (Subscriber)
Register
Luminous Landscape Home
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
Raw & Post Processing, Printing
>
Adobe Lightroom Q&A
>
backing up specific files
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Print
Author
Topic: backing up specific files (Read 1688 times)
Neil Folberg
Full Member
Offline
Posts: 163
backing up specific files
«
on:
March 05, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »
Hello,
I'm working on a large book project and want to back up the better selected raw images with the corrections that I made in LR to another hard disk with RAID just in case - and so that I have all the best files in one location.
How does one do this in LR3? I assumed that I could just select the files and then instruct LR to make copies to another disk and include them in the catalog, but I can;t figure out how.
Suggestions are welcome! Thanks, Neil
Logged
aduke
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 446
Re: backing up specific files
«
Reply #1 on:
March 05, 2011, 04:04:17 pm »
I would create an export preset, putting the images in a specific folder.
Alan
Logged
wolfnowl
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 5824
Re: backing up specific files
«
Reply #2 on:
March 05, 2011, 05:49:32 pm »
Yes, with LR3 you can even create an Export Publish Collection, so you'd specify the drive as the export location, resolution, etc. and simply drag the desired images into that collection and 'Publish' them to back them up.
Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t
Neil Folberg
Full Member
Offline
Posts: 163
Re: backing up specific files
«
Reply #3 on:
March 06, 2011, 04:48:14 am »
Many thanks for your suggestions! I created a smart collection of photos to publish and published this to my RAID disk. Makes me feel much more secure with the data.
best wishes, Neil
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
Raw & Post Processing, Printing
>
Adobe Lightroom Q&A
>
backing up specific files
Loading...