Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: windows 7 boot camp performance  (Read 4124 times)

jalcocer

windows 7 boot camp performance
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:03 pm »

Hi, me again, hope this is the right place to post about this, haven't found that much yet.

I love my new imac, it's amazing, everything I need, but, small but, I still need a few windows apps that cant be used in mac os, and I really dont want to use it in vm, so I was wondering about boot camp, anyone out there with some experience using this setup, would appreciate it a lot.

Is there any downsides of using windows 7 with boot camp? any performance issues? is it true windows 7 runs better on a mac than in many other pc's?

thanks in advance

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: windows 7 boot camp performance
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »

What do you have against using Windows under virtualisation? It's an awful lot less hassle to launch Fusion or Parallels than it is to reboot and they're both very good products indeed.

Jeremy

jalcocer

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:00:31 pm »

It is not that I have anything against virtualization but since the apps I'm using need a lot of ram, I rather use everything I have for windows, that's all.

regards

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:13:29 pm »

Hi,

I second Jeremy's suggestion.

I don't think an Apple computer would run Windows better than any other computer. BUT Apple computers don't come in hundreds of variants, so Apple can fine tune bootcamp so it works well with Windows, but the same optimization would be possible with a Windows computer.

Myself, I have never booted bootcamp, but I'm using Parallells for the Windows applications I cannot be without (Imatest and XTZ-room Analyzer).

Best regards
Erik

What do you have against using Windows under virtualisation? It's an awful lot less hassle to launch Fusion or Parallels than it is to reboot and they're both very good products indeed.

Jeremy
Erik Kaffehr

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »

I'm running bootcamp / win7 on my MacBook Pro - works very nicely - i find myself spending about half and half between the two.

When you run bootcamp - follow the instructions to the letter and you will have no issues

jalcocer

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 05:41:30 pm »

thanks a lot, that is really helpful :)

mbalensiefer

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:41:54 am »

I was running Vista with BootCamp and the trackpad is a total mess. Also, try defragging or a Checkdisc in BC. You will probably bluescreen...and I would be surprised if that wasn't the case with you according to everything I've read.
I thought that I got abysmal performance.:(

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up