Thank you all for your help.
I've actually been to shoot in Bangalore before. We took 12 Pelican cases with lights and equipment plus other cases for poles, tripods and the like, all the way from England. The Customs routine wasn't too bad actually, even at 3am when we arrived, there was a lot of activity...and then the mosquitos! I even had a nice chat with the chief customs officer on the way back, he very politely asked me for tips for better photography. I only had one small item break on my return, a UV glass dome on one of the flash lights that in retrospect I should've taken apart.
But although it was three of us, it was still risky, should anything go wrong and fail to work, as I've seen how baggage handlers deal with cases...
I have managed to source 3 Profoto 2400 there so far but I still need to source a further 6 smaller lights, shouldn't be a problem, as photographers there are only to willing to help out and hire their lights. We also have contacts in Mumbay, but we are trying to avoid this unless we absolutely must. The cameras will travel with us though.
Edward