Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portrait & Film Stills Photographer seeks Landscape advise.  (Read 1044 times)

Gensnap

Portrait & Film Stills Photographer seeks Landscape advise.
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I am a working photographer (Film & TV stills pr in London UK) and use Nikon D3's and a variety of Nikkor and one zeiss lenses.
I have been in the TV industry now for 25 years and all my photography is done in either 2-5 minutes or I'm just shooting what the (film) camera sees.
without rambling on, I have decided this year I'm going to take two weeks out away from everybody and everything and have some time for me to shoot some landscapes and whatever I see on my travels.
I'm unsure of what gear to take. At the moment I'm planning on picking the state of Montana, so there will be international flying involved. I would like to blow up some of the pictures to around 44 inches
on the longest side. I've considered upgrading one of my D3's to a D3x but I'm unsure of the quality. My other thoughts are around the M9 and a couple of lenses. Phase backs are just too expensive and big.
I know D3's are big too. Basicaly, I want to get good "blow up" image quality and portability. I have a Sinar with film, but it's a big rig !
Any comments would be appreciated, also If you know Montana, you could give me a few clues, I just picked it at random.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up