Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 reprints oddity  (Read 1342 times)

artobest

Z3200 reprints oddity
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:17 am »

Hi

I was wondering if there are any Z3200/3100 owners who can explain why my printer defaults to two copies when reprinting a stored job - and how to change this behaviour. The number can't be lowered, even from the front panel.

Thanks!

deanwork

Re: Z3200 reprints oddity
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:19 pm »

Are you printing out of Photoshop? I had this odd situation occur to on my Z also. It was automatically printing 2 of everything two weeks ago. I finally saw that Photoshop CS5 itself was doing this. If I didn't go into PS and change the 2 to a 1 it would happen every time, defaulting to 2 prints per cycle.

I eventually reloaded PS and that glitch went away. It didn't happen with Q-Image.

john

artobest

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 06:16:21 pm »

No, I'm printing from Qimage. The issue isn't there except when I try to reprint a job using either the Embedded Web Server or the front panel. If I try to change the number from 2 to 1, it just flicks straight back. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue, and the only workaround I know is to quickly cancel the job before the second print gets underway.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:57:04 am »

No, I'm printing from Qimage. The issue isn't there except when I try to reprint a job using either the Embedded Web Server or the front panel. If I try to change the number from 2 to 1, it just flicks straight back. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue, and the only workaround I know is to quickly cancel the job before the second print gets underway.

There is something odd in the Z´s printer data stream in general. If the connection between the printer and the application you print from has been broken in time, say a power down and up of the computer system or printer then while reprinting saved print data -Windows spooler in my case- odd changes like smaller prints than orignally made appear. Has been the case since the first Z3100 firmware. I think not all data that goes to the printer is kept in the printer data saved and the printer falls back to some defaults then to fill in the void.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up