Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Printer Queues - Not all visible  (Read 1495 times)

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
Multiple Printer Queues - Not all visible
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:15:01 pm »

I've got multiple Epson Artisan 50 printers set up to print notecards.  They're doing a great job, but unfortunately, only one printer queue is showing up.  I've got a mac, and when I go to System Preferences and click on printers, I see both printers.  When I click "open print queue" it works for the left printer but not the right.  I'd really like to be able to see both printer queues to see where I'm at in my printing as well as be able to stop it if things aren't going right.  I can't even access the queue to cancel print jobs.

Any ideas?  Do I need to install the epson software again?  All prints look fine and printer is working fine, but just can't view more than one printer's queue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eli

ippolitois

Re: Multiple Printer Queues - Not all visible
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:47:09 pm »

Were you success in running two printer at the same time in the past? I ask this because in Windows, I tried that with two Artisan 50's and all I got was crashes. I could only run one printer at a time. If I had two printers sent to the same queue, it would screw everything up and require a reboot. Not sure about MAC but it sounds like the same issue.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »

No problem at all on Vista 64 with a Z3100 and a Z3200. Two queues visible and I can repeat the jobs from there or cancel them. Each one has a unique FTP number and being different printers they have another name. But I could do the same with two identical Epson printers on XP 32.

Did you give the printers a different name or has that been done automatically?

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +220 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

na goodman

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:51:57 pm »

Send a job to both printers and then try opening the print que from the icon in your doc.
You should be able to see 2 separate que's.

hope4thafuture

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »

hello.. I was just wondering if you were still having the same problem or if you had found a way to fix it...I dealt with the same thing for a long time.  I found a work around and I'll share it with you, I have to redo it when i get home and find the setting but i will get back to you... the only problem is that with the work around that i found, it takes a minute to register a print job, and with 8 artisan 50s it gets tedious waiting for them to print, i do CDs for a living.  I never had a problem with the R series, and to this day i still have one and it doesnt give me a problem.  I was ready to buy a new computer if it would solve the problem, but apparently it wont.  This sucks and this is the only post i was able to find on the internet about someone that had the same problem.  Anything break for you??
Pages: [1]   Go Up