Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Film Tools "Photocopy" ...??  (Read 1907 times)

daws

Digital Film Tools "Photocopy" ...??
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:50:29 pm »

This popped into my inbox about an hour ago...

Dear Digital Film Tools Customers,

We are pleased to announce PhotoCopy for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Apple Aperture, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid Editing Systems.

Pho•to•copy (foh-tuh-kop-ee) creates a photographic reproduction of a printed or graphic work made with a process in which a new image is formed by the action of proprietary image analysis, color, texture and light. Whether it’s still or moving images, the key attributes are copied from one image and applied to another.

We have painstakingly analyzed the brightness, color, tone, detail, grain and texture of some of the world’s greatest movies, paintings, photographs and historical photographic processes. The DNA of these masterpieces can now be applied to your very own images with PhotoCopy. The color, tone and brightness of the original work are replicated while the texture, grain and detail are simulated.

Have some images that you would like to copy and apply their attributes to other images? No problem. Just create, save and apply these custom presets to other images.
Make any picture look interesting. Good, bad, ugly—PhotoCopy doesn’t care. You supply the image, we supply the secret sauce. Combine the two and create a new work of art.

Features

* Pick from 94 Academy Award nominated movies including Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong and The Lord of the Rings
    * Choose from 72 paintings from artists such as Cezanne, Chagall, Greco, Leonardo, Monet, Rembrandt, Renoir and Van Gogh to name a few
    * Select from 40 photographs by various masters of photography including Abbott, Andreev, Cunningham, Fenton, Nadar, Outerbridge, Stieglitz and Weston
    * Try one of 30 historical processes, some of which are Ambrotype, Cyanotype, Liquid Emulsion, Kallitype, Palladium, Salt Print, Vandyke and Wet Plate
    * Copy the key attributes from one image and apply them to another
    * Create custom presets from your own images
    * Color, tone and brightness replication
    * Texture, grain and detail simulation
    * Add a vignette to any preset
    * Modify images with presets or sliders
    * Quickly search for presets

For detailed product information, please visit http://www.digitalfilmtools.com/photocopy

PhotoCopy is available at the following pricing: Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Editing Systems - $195; Apple Aperture, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - $95.

Note: If the host applications are installed on the same machine, a PhotoCopy video/film license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid Editing Systems and a still image license will allow PhotoCopy to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture.

Thanks for your continued support,

Digital Film Tools

"You supply the image, we supply the secret sauce."

Meaning no disrespect to the people at DFT, my first reaction was "WTF kind of creepiness is this?" A photographer sweats a lifetime to develop a darkroom technique, PP technique and printing style, only to have a gaggle of coders clone its "DNA" and sell it to me so I can make my shots look like Ansel's at the push of a button?

Someone please tell me I'm overreacting to this pitch.

Joe Behar

Re: Digital Film Tools "Photocopy" ...??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 07:58:54 pm »

You're overreacting to this pitch.

Is it just now that you're realizing that there are a whole cadre of absolute asses in this world and that they have no shame in stealing anything they can get their hands on and resell it?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Digital Film Tools "Photocopy" ...??
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »

Gosh! Canon told me they weren't going to add the Edward Weston button to the 5D Mark VII until after they get the bugs out of their Mirror-Lockup button. So if I get Photocopy, I don't need to wait for the button.

Hmmm. Maybe I could develop a plugin for Photocopy that chooses for you the Master whose work is most appropriate to steal for your image.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up