Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Find Folder that Lightroom says is already in my catalog  (Read 4493 times)

BrianWoolf

Can't Find Folder that Lightroom says is already in my catalog
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »

Gentlemen,
Sorry, another problem. I created a folder outside of Lightroom and began importing photos from a shoot (3 shot bracket), 1 group at a time, thru LightRoom. Everything was going fine, until I noticed a mistake, I made. I tried to find/access the folder which contains all 15 files, that I finished. Lightroom says that it is in my catalog, but I can't find it in the Library, in the Folders, on the hard drive, that the folder is not there and not greyed out either. If i do an import in Lightroom, I can find the folder and select and get to the Lightroom import screen, the 15 files are there but greyed out and the import button is greyed (because it is already in the catalog, I am guessing)

I have no idea why I can't find that folder. I have tried quitting and re-opening Lightroom. Nothing works.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian Woolf, Lightroom 3.2, Mac OS 10.5.8

BrianWoolf

Re: Can't Find Folder that Lightroom says is already in my catalog
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »

I figured this out.
Lightroom always seems to make a date subfolder to go inside my folder called Firestore 2011, so I was looking for Firestore and not a today's date folder. For some reason when I did the import the first time I must have selected the today's date folder and I have a lot of date folders on that hard drive, so it was hiding among all the other date folders.

Thanks anyway,
Brian Woolf

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Can't Find Folder that Lightroom says is already in my catalog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:02 pm »

Lightroom always seems to make a date subfolder to go inside my folder called...

Brian:  If you don't want this, in the Library Import screen (the full screen, not the small one), on the right side at the bottom is a tab called 'Destination'.  Under that tab you can tell Lightroom to organize by date, into one folder, into a subfolder, etc.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up