Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minolta A2 focus  (Read 1315 times)

Gary_Berg

Minolta A2 focus
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:06:25 pm »

Take a look at the DPReview Minolta forum FAQ:

http://www.pbase.com/mtf_foto_studies/mtf_faq

Some general suggestions include turning off the ability to adjust focus after the AF is done. I recall a fairly lengthy thread over on the DPReview Minolta forum about people having this sort of problem and turning off this feature helped. Also, be sure that you have the latest firmware (v1.12 - check your EXIF information to confiirm).

Be sure you aren't asking the impossible of the AS system too; it is only going to help a couple of stops over normal (1/focal length) unless you hands are VERY still.

The only way to be sure is to set up with good light on a tripod and focus on something like a newspaper or a brick wall and test. Eliminate any technique problems this way (tripod, careful setup) and then work from there.

cirrus

Minolta A2 focus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 11:44:01 pm »

Even using the Flex Point Focus, my 1 month old A2 seems to be less accurate than expected in getting an image in sharp focus. Lower light conditions with the flash or shots at max telephoto in good lighting seem to be difficult. Backing the telephoto off just a squeak helps...otherwise a very handy camera for my intended use.

Jonathan Ratzlaff

Minolta A2 focus
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 11:38:49 pm »

Every camera has some variation of this feature and in every camera it causes problems.  Set up your camera where you set the focus point.  You have to realize that the camera has no clue what you are looking at.  You have to tell it what to look at.  If your camera has a custom function where you can assign autofocus to a button other than the shutter release button to that as well.  This way the camera is not apt to autofocus everytime you press the shutter button  AF lock not withstanding-- it is just to awkward.

Try this and then see how your camera focuses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up