Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export Question Capture One pro 6  (Read 9282 times)

Dennis Carbo

Export Question Capture One pro 6
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:41:49 pm »

Hi All,

I am trying out Capture One Pro Version 6. My question is.... I have done all my adjustments to my Raw files then I export as a JPG to try some tweaking adjustments in Photoshop CS4.  Why is there a "Capture One" folder in my export folder with "jpg.cos" files for each image ?  Does photoshop read these and open the JPGS with my capture one adjustments applied ? Like a "sidecar" file ?

Dennis
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:59:32 pm by DENNISCARBO »

Paul Sumi

Dennis Carbo

Re: Export Question Capture One pro 6
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

Yes I saw that thread and even posted in it,  It still wasnt clear to me what the "settings" in an additional file are for..if they are imbedded in the JPEG already why do I have a file with the "jpg.cos" file. 

D

Paul Sumi

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:31:19 pm »

My understanding is that every adjustment you make to a particular RAW file (exposure, color temp, curves, etc) is saved in its corresponding "cos" file.  When you click the "process" button C1 "bakes" these settings into that JPG or TIFF file.  

Photoshop does not use these "cos" files, but C1 does for its processing purposes.

Paul

selsoe

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »

The Capture One subfolder, containing among other things the jpg.cos files, are created whenever you view a folder with images from within Capture One, including the output folder. If you haven't made any adjustments to your files, the .cos files will just contain the default settings.

My guess is that you browsed to the output folder using Capture One and then creating the extra files. If you haven't made any adjustments to the files, you can safely delete the Capture One sub folder.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 05:21:23 pm »

The Capture One subfolder, containing among other things the jpg.cos files, are created whenever you view a folder with images from within Capture One, including the output folder. If you haven't made any adjustments to your files, the .cos files will just contain the default settings.

My guess is that you browsed to the output folder using Capture One and then creating the extra files. If you haven't made any adjustments to the files, you can safely delete the Capture One sub folder.

This is correct.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:42:52 am »

This is correct.
This is a difference between Capture One and Lightroom - Lightroom puts all this data in one massive database file (currently 39.8gig on my system).  Capture One puts the data in individual sub folders in each folder of RAW files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up