Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon DPP 3.9.2 (a few questions inc. Noise Reduction)  (Read 7227 times)

petercook80

Canon DPP 3.9.2 (a few questions inc. Noise Reduction)
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:54:43 am »

Leading on from my previous post I now have a few questions if anyone has any input that would appreciated.

Having previously been used to ACR2.3 I am now trying to get used to Canon DPP so.....

1. I normally use Neat Image Pro+ for noise removal and wonderd if there were any comments on how that compares with Canon's DPP noise reduction and which gives the best results.

2. Trying to equate ACR2.3's Exposure and Shadow controls to DPP's Brightness, Highlight and Shadow sliders, any comments/thoughts again welcome.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Canon DPP 3.9.2 (a few questions inc. Noise Reduction)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 05:21:26 pm »

When using DPP with noisy images, I go for detail and acuity, even if noise is present, then I use Topaz Labs' Denoise for grain reduction.

I equate ACR's shadow slider to using the end-point slider in DPP's histogram. Same goes for the highlight endpoint. Note that all four sides of the raw histogram can be slid to make adjustments.

I don't think there's anything like ACR's Recovery tool in DPP.

There is a library of good tutorials here on Canon's web site.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:12:29 am by Chris_Brown »
~ CB

petercook80

Re: Canon DPP 3.9.2 (a few questions inc. Noise Reduction)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:03:44 am »

Thanks for the reply Chris, I have looked at the tutorials and they are pretty good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up