Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael:Perspective Control and Mount Adaptors  (Read 1242 times)

subrata1965

Michael:Perspective Control and Mount Adaptors
« on: March 04, 2005, 04:48:57 pm »

Michael,

I'm referring to your article "Perspective Control and Mount Adaptors".

Your comments in the article:

"But taking two images, one with the lens shifted left and then the second with it shifted right, and then stitching them together, is definitely aided by the use of a shift lens, since the nodal point of the lens does not change the way it does when a panoramic head is used. Again, there is now specialized software that corrects for this, so there is more than one way of solving the problem."

Which software do you recommend to stitch two images in Windows environment for perfect alignment?

I'm trying to find the difference in cost, as I was thinking about a used Mamiya M645 35 3.5c Lens & Zoerk PSA adapter ($1000) on my 1Ds which will allow 22m shift on both side to create flat stitched panorama landscape.

But I will be more interested to know the software solution you did mention, in combination with regular 35mm Canon lenses (which I already own) and panorama head, before I spend money on anything.

Thanks.

Subrata

Pages: [1]   Go Up