Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About to Pull the Pin on a new IPF8300 - Moving the beast...  (Read 1980 times)

Josh-H

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2086
    • Wild Nature Photo Travel
About to Pull the Pin on a new IPF8300 - Moving the beast...
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:19:43 pm »

I have decided to pull the pin on an IPF8300 44" printer - just makes more sense than the 6300 (even given the cost differential in Australia).

Before I order though I thought I better just get some feedback on how viable getting this printer up stairs is going to be. I need to get it up onto my 2nd floor in the studio which means up about 10 steps, around a corner (a stair landing) and up another 10 steps - through a doorway (that only measures 82cm wide) to get it into position.

Checking the specs online http://www.canon.com.au/~/media/Product%20Brochures/Printers/ImagePROGRAF/iPF8300-Tech-Sheet.ashx

It says this thing weighs 143 kg. Ok. So I need at least 4 blokes to move it. The only way I can see getting it up stairs is going to be standing up on its end to get around the stair landing. Can you even stand these things on their end?

Plus this 8300 has a depth of 975mm... so getting it through the doorway also means standing it on its end.

This is not going to be easy... any advice from owners who have moved these machines?
Logged
Wild Nature Photo Travel

John Hollenberg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1208
Logged

Josh-H

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2086
    • Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: About to Pull the Pin on a new IPF8300 - Moving the beast...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »

See this message:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45700.msg383438#msg383438

Ta - found that about 2 mins after my post (should have searched first as usual) ;D
Logged
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Robcat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 155
Re: About to Pull the Pin on a new IPF8300 - Moving the beast...
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »

I just moved my 8300 in down a flight of stairs and around a corner 2 weeks ago pretty much the same as the link posted above except that I didn't bother with a dolly and 2 x 4s. Just 4 guys to carry on the stairs. Then tilt upright onto a thick carpet scrap to slide through doorway. Quite doable with sturdy lads. I love the printer.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up