Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477928 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #880 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:38 am »

This is probably the best place to submit this as one of those..."I think this is going to be a great shot, oh well back to the drawing board, shots..."

Night Panning

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

« Reply #881 on: April 22, 2012, 10:47:45 am »

Forget the drawing board - the shot's interesting as it is, especially, for me, the bit of blur/action? on the foreground pier bit. I can imagine women in long dresses, champagne flutes in hand, lots of smiling teeth, Rivas tied up nearby and the chitter chatter of not very much but a damned good evening anyway. Seems to have all left me behind these days; damn Andy Warhol and his time limits!

;-(

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #882 on: April 22, 2012, 11:10:43 am »

That has me to thinking I should try this same type of shot at one of the local outdoor Bistros that line the waterfront.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

« Reply #883 on: April 22, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

That has me to thinking I should try this same type of shot at one of the local outdoor Bistros that line the waterfront.

Don'tcha just love this forum¿

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #884 on: April 22, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »

Oh, Being the proud owner of two mini's, this shot makes my innerds chill....ooooohhgoooeybrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

At last! A guy who wears one on each foot!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #885 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

Vertigo notwhithstanding, mountain air is bracing: look what it does for grass.

1.8/50mm Nikkor glued onto a D700 and with a little help from Mr Pola.

Rob C
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:42:45 am by Rob C »

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #886 on: April 22, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »

I love my 50mm 1.8 and my 35mm 1.8 and my new 24-70 2.8.

Rob C

« Reply #887 on: April 22, 2012, 05:28:40 pm »

I love my 50mm 1.8 and my 35mm 1.8 and my new 24-70 2.8.

Yes, the 50mm is a pretty cool number; haven't got a 35mm anymore, but my ancient, non-AI 2.8/35mm was a cracker! The 24-70 G I got rid of as soon as I possibly could: it was useless even on the cropped format D200! God alone knows how it would have fared on my D700.

Today, for the first time, I read a criticism of the 'fabulous, amazing, balls-of-the-pooch 17-24mm' one; I am of the firm belief that people are either not used to primes anymore or, perhaps, have been so corrupted by zooms coming as standard kit with the digitals that expectation levels are lower than they used to be regarding products from the House of Nikon, even in the case of the two supposedly superior quality zooms mentioned.

However, seems that MF isn't immune either, as I deduce from current Hassy/Fuji conversations.

Bring back the Kodak Brownie!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #888 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:44 pm »

One more from Mallorca - I think from prison - where the view is spectacular and The Chadeau d'If comes hauntingly back to mind from schooldays... damned cold, all the same, without proper clothing for the altitude.

Rob C
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:42:27 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #889 on: April 23, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »

Rural graffiti. Sometimes, it makes something a bit more interesting, but mainly not. This time it attracted me enough to snap it, which probably says as much about me as it does about the author. Oh well, you only live once or twice.

Rob C
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:42:08 am by Rob C »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #890 on: April 23, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

One more from Mallorca - I think from prison - where the view is spectacular and The Chadeau d'If comes hauntingly back to mind from schooldays... damned cold, all the same, without proper clothing for the altitude.

Rob C

As my friend Harry would say: "That window needs a female figure to complete it"

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #891 on: April 23, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »

I think the big smile on the guy's face is because the female figure has just disappeared inside the black window to put her dress back on. Rob got there just a minute too late this time.  ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #892 on: April 23, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

As my friend Harry would say: "That window needs a female figure to complete it"

Your old friend Harry is right: the area up the top of this mountain is full of spaces where models could shine. It breaks me friggin' 'eart!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #893 on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:14 pm »

I think the big smile on the guy's face is because the female figure has just disappeared inside the black window to put her dress back on. Rob got there just a minute too late this time.  ;)

No; this is one of those rare moments when an event is frozen in stone. The 'guy', as you call him, is ectoplasm - its trace substance on the wall. He actually represents the moment after the shutter was tripped - a figment of my mind rendered visible. The invisible girl was just that: invisible. Not even Chris could see her through his Mamiya 67 ll - or he certainly didn't let me know if he had been able! It's the altitude, as I tried to indicate earlier; everything changes with it. A bird in flight doesn't even look like a bird sitting down, which obviously proves this observation to be accurate and based firmly on visible evidence.

Rob C

EricDosSantosPhotography

« Reply #894 on: April 23, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »

Took this guy in the street

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #895 on: April 24, 2012, 09:13:15 am »

Took this guy in the street

May I ask how did you lighten this, please?
May thanks.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
"'Artist' Statement" - this image has been digitally manipulated.
« Reply #896 on: April 25, 2012, 06:39:00 pm »

And not just in Lightroom. What has gone? How obvious is it?
Ken Cameron

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Sculpture...
« Reply #897 on: May 04, 2012, 03:09:13 am »

...of Sir Robert Gordon "Bob" Menzies, former Prime Minister of Australia, by the shore of Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra, around here, where he used to take a regular morning walk. Here you will find a link to a video of Sir Robert inaugurating the lake. I am not sure if, on his morning walks, he was accompanied by a security detail, as would be the case today. The building behind him the right is the High Court of Australia. The sign to the left warns against swimming in the lake because of pollution, which wouldn't have been a problem back then. However, at this time of year, swimming in the lake is uncommon because it is seriously cold, at least by Australian standards,and this isn't really a spot where anyone sober would swim.  But the bureaucrats still need to cover their fundaments. Some things don't change, or not that much. There is a lot of public art in Canberra, which some local voters and taxpayers don't like, but which I strongly approve. It would be fun to see some public art from other places, with a bit of context for it.
Ken Cameron

Rob C

« Reply #898 on: May 04, 2012, 04:45:55 am »

How come he isn't sprayed?

Rob C

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #899 on: May 04, 2012, 10:49:10 am »

How come he isn't sprayed?

Rob C

Give it a little time - he is too new even for the seagulls.
Ken Cameron
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75   Go Up