Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477862 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #660 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:04 am »

I was sitting quietly by the window of my local bar, having a morning coffee as usual, when I though I heard the melodic popping of muffled champagne corks coming from the back of the establishment. On investigation, it proved far more mundane: just some idiot smoking whilst engaged in something else.

I wonder if he paid his tab before he left?

Rob C

Eric, if you're still looking for Art, he's not there; neither, I believe is Marcel; the signature on the urinal is Roca.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:22:56 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #661 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »

I much prefer Edward Weston's classic.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #662 on: January 10, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »

I much prefer Edward Weston's classic.

Eric

Did he have an exploding cubicle door too? I've just realised: cubicle - of course! Cubism! My Eureka moment at last. But wait a minute - wasn't Marcel more Dada?

;-(

Rob C

P.S. Funny thing: I didn't hesitate to take the shot with the cellphone (no pun intended, though it might fit) but I would never have dreamed of doing so with a camera. Would have felt strange; that I was strange, I mean, whereas with a cell, I wasn't.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:01:45 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #663 on: January 12, 2012, 04:48:05 am »

Was going to go to listen to some music last night... it was so cold that I decided to stay at home and work at the computer instead. It was also freezing at home: heat goes straight through breeze-bock walls. As everybody in the estate agency world knows, and especially do architects, it's never cold in Spain! Once, folks would have said tell it to the marines, now I don't know to whom one should tell it. Okay, I'll tell you instead as there are no marines handy to carry the load.

Oh - I spent the evening working on the day's crop of cellphone shots, which are now up at the end of the gallery, should you be masochistic enough to care.

http://www.roma57.com/cellpix.html

Maybe I should just have braved the cold.

Rob C

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #664 on: January 12, 2012, 06:00:53 am »

Oh - I spent the evening working on the day's crop of cellphone shots, which are now up at the end of the gallery, should you be masochistic enough to care.

http://www.roma57.com/cellpix.html

Maybe I should just have braved the cold.

Rob C

Those are the kind of photographs that anyone could take, but only some can take: no fancy equipment, no traveling expenses, no editing effects, ... no excuses, just photography; stirring, thanks.

Rob C

« Reply #665 on: January 12, 2012, 08:01:52 am »

Those are the kind of photographs that anyone could take, but only some can take: no fancy equipment, no traveling expenses, no editing effects, ... no excuses, just photography; stirring, thanks.

No Eduardo, I thank you! To tell you the truth, those shots you showed some long time ago, of the factory, stirred something in me, and led to my doing my own electricity generating complex shots on the D700 with a 24mm; it sort of made me think sideways, away from the pro side of what I did, which is now impossible. So at least I'm playing with photography and enjoying it!

Gracias -

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #666 on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

Another from the 'phone today.

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:40:22 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:43 am »

Amazing. My PS computer seems finally to have died. I wonder if I can blame the cellphone company?

Shall take it to the repair shop whenever the local fiesta (San Antoni) ends; tonight it's the turn of the bonfires, which is quite good, since they deliver vast quantities of sand/earth to locations in the streets - usually outside popular bars that have BBQs at which regulars are invited to have a snack. On those mounds they build huge fires that would suit a witch; that would keep me in warmth for a year, now that I think about it. The trouble, of course, is that it delays the other, coincidental necessities of life such as the making/delivery of my bespoke fireguard, without which I'm unable to use the broken-but-repaired wood fire, which is ironic, as my neighbour has given me much of a tree which is already perfectly dry. In the interim, the electricity company is laughing all the way to the bank, but that laugh may turn to a scream as and when the € falls on its ass. Assuming, of course, that it keeps its booty in Euros. (Booty means something quite else in English English.)

I had a thought: what with all those refrigerated ships plying the seas, wouldn't it be an exciting business opportunity to contract with the Mafia and have a 'burning' of all the bodies via these island fires? Who'd ever know? Who'd ever see? Would make a change from pig farms. This needs work.

Oh well, at least the enforced PS hiatus will allow a sense of calm to return to my savage(ly?), beaten breast. Or hysteria.

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

Rob,

The mail box offered delight yesterday.  The tripod adaptor for my iPhone arrived.  It makes working so much easier (for me, anyway:  I was never one for hand held pictures).

Regards,

Rob C

« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:03 pm »

Hi Walter

Is it a dedicated unit (the tripod adaptor) for your specific make?

My problem with the 'phone camera isn't so much with shake - though I'm sure touching the screen to make the exposure is no clever way - but with the impossibility - often - to see the damned image on the screen. I'd thought this could possibly be solved by making a cardboard hood, but on further thought, I wondered if it would make any difference because the real problem might lie in our eyes: they are stopped right down to cope with ambient sunlight and the situation isn't the same one as the eye faces when pressed up against an eyepiece...

Of course, with a tripod, one could use a hood over one's head.. that would be cool, with a cellphone!

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2012, 08:02:11 pm »

There's always the horse blanket Rob.

Rob C

« Reply #671 on: January 17, 2012, 04:09:32 am »

There's always the horse blanket Rob.

That's a good idea - oh, wait! the Fiesta doesn't have one. Foiled again!

;-)

Rob C

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #672 on: January 17, 2012, 05:20:27 am »

Amy going for her 1200m practice swim to the other side of the Ebenezer dam and back......January 2012

Rob C

« Reply #673 on: January 17, 2012, 05:53:12 am »

No disrespect intended, so don't find it, but has she just seen the bull in the other thread?

;-)

Rob C

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #674 on: January 17, 2012, 05:57:20 am »

Dont worry Rob, I do have a sense of humour....! Actually I had a very good laugh, thanks!

WalterEG

« Reply #675 on: January 19, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »

Aaah, the disappointment of how fast the stationary world of the urban landscape shifts.

I had made a pic on 6x6 of a wall and signage in Arabic in the western suburbs of Sydney.  I went back to shoot it on 4x5 and found instead .....  (first the original and then an iPhone of the disappointment):

Regards,

W

Rob C

« Reply #676 on: January 20, 2012, 03:47:47 am »

Really feel something in the first shot; it has that mood that used to happen in those Italian movies out of Fellini and Antonioni. Add some Nino Rota soundtrack and you're home! 

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:52:13 am by Rob C »

Dahlmann

« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2012, 05:44:12 am »

Imperfect by Daniel Dahlmann, on Flickr

/Dahlmann

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #678 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:14 am »

Perfect!

WalterEG

« Reply #679 on: January 20, 2012, 04:50:50 pm »

Daniel,

Your very appealing shot prompted me to go to your Flickr page and subsequently to your website which all led to a rather splendid accompaniment to breakfast.  Beautiful and interesting work.  Keep it simple, indeed.

Regards,

W
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75   Go Up