Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 478340 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #560 on: November 27, 2011, 11:47:59 am »

... Imagine life with a bimbo?

I do not have to imagine.

Rob C

« Reply #561 on: November 27, 2011, 11:57:16 am »

Rob C

« Reply #562 on: November 28, 2011, 06:26:12 am »

Didn't even have to get out of the house to do this one: managed to use the big Gitzo too, though you'd hardly know it. But at any rate, it's good exercise for the thing - lies on its side for months at a stretch and that can't be good for anyone.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:53:16 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #563 on: November 28, 2011, 09:45:51 am »

Way to go, Rob! It's great to see you getting out there and playing with the equipment.

(If critiques were allowed in this thread, I'd be tempted to say I like what you've been showing lately, but since they're not, I won't.)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #564 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:35 pm »

1.     Way to go, Rob! It's great to see you getting out there and playing with the equipment.

2.     If critiques were allowed in this thread, I'd be tempted to say I like what you've been showing lately, but since they're not, I  won't.)

Eric

1. At my age, I might as well play with something that works.

2. Absolutely forbidden, so I won't say thank you, either!

Ciao

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #565 on: November 28, 2011, 02:58:02 pm »

Imagine life with a bimbo — crikey!  I had twenty years surrounded by an army of them daily.  Some other people keep a horde of cats or souvenir spoons.

Occasionally one would emerge that was a good deal more striking than the average bear.

This one I call Tenebrous Intimacy.

Rob C

« Reply #566 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »

Walter

Such gorgeous fruit might hang well in the horticultural dept. of the site; perhaps not... no, keep it here if only because I'm more likely to come across it that way.

I've just spent a long evening on more Americana: S. Fry, again, doing his take on the south-western states and then, after that, another chap (Andrew Graham-Dixon, I think is his name) doing the last part of his series on American Art followed by another docu on the contemporary nomads of the same south-western region, from retired folks in huge campers to hobos riding the rails via rodeo cowboys doing 800 miles a day in a car from job to job. Fascinating stuff, and I'm so glad I never had to do it. (Then, yes, I'd have to be armed from the teeth to the tip of my toes. But I doubt that would save my ass.) All that travelling with cameras and crew must cost a hell of a lot more than my wildest calendar ever did!

Rob C

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #567 on: December 02, 2011, 11:57:32 am »

This is domestic or about not going anywhere.  However, if I stand still long enough, though the days get shorter, the low angle light hangs around longer.

Bruce
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:05:40 pm by Bruce Cox »

Rob C

« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »

Is this a stetson I see before me?

Rob C

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #569 on: December 02, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »

Is this a stetson I see before me?

Rob C

Nawh, it's a middle aged, nylon, OR; they call it: "Desert Sombrero".  Hats just look like that on us down here.

Bruce

Rob C

« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2011, 05:32:21 pm »

Nawh, it's a middle aged, nylon, OR; they call it: "Desert Sombrero".  Hats just look like that on us down here.

Bruce

Funny stuff, headgear. Used to wear a smallish straw hat like the farmers did out here (made in China, would you believe?), then when that became uncomfortably stiff, I swapped over to baseball caps. Mine grew old and dirty and then, one clever day, I thought I'd recondition it -the front bit - with paint. Sadly, it didn't work. I then took up the bandana which I quite like, but I think it distressed my neighbour's wife, because last time they came out on holiday he brought me a golf-branded cap... I'm back on the bandana. I can't see photographers and golf going hand in hand, at least, not this one. Good thing about the bandana, it keeps the head warm in winter and doesn't fly into the sea when I go walkies down at the marina. Like the straw hat, my two bandanas are too stiff. I think there's an old silk Aviaco one around somewhere, and that wouldn't be stiff, but I'd rather not be mistaken for an air hostess...

Complications, complications.

Rob C

Mjollnir

« Reply #571 on: December 09, 2011, 04:12:48 pm »

Dahlmann

« Reply #572 on: December 09, 2011, 07:27:37 pm »

Missing

Missing by Daniel Dahlmann, on Flickr

Rob C

« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2011, 06:41:12 am »

It is my considered opinion that we find the best images here, in this thread. Seems to appeal to a different mindset, which I like.

Not for a moment am I knocking the Pro threads, but they are of a totally different nature, as they pretty well have to be, so no fights sought!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »

A guy whose work impressed me greatly some years ago; just had another look and made me wish I still had a 500C/M!

Might appeal to some of you blokes too.

http://www.chipforelli.com

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

Thanks Rob, wonderful photographs. I just realized I've had this guy's photo on my Mac as a screensaver all along (as a part of Apple's selection).

Rob C

« Reply #576 on: December 11, 2011, 06:25:41 am »

And now, for the ultimate job:

http://youtu.be/_dKsJB3uOI0

Sigh.....

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:22:31 am by Rob C »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #577 on: December 11, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »

Sigh.....

Agree, I think I wouldn't even qualify to hold a reflection screen in a shoot like that  :'(

So I have to get fun from other things, like finding this lens my father bought in 1951 in an old enlarger on my attic this morning.
It's from a time that focal length was expressed in cm instead of mm  ;). Looks kind of cute on a modern camera, don't you think?

I also took some test shots, and not bad at all for such an old and simple design.
pieter, aka pegelli

Rob C

« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2011, 04:03:52 am »

Yes, lenses from way back looked sort of - well, finished off, if you see what I mean. In fact, even with cameras, the 111G struck me as a finer-looking piece of mechanics than the first M that I saw... the attraction of tiny windows. (On first typing this it read 'the attraction of tiny widows... hope it doesn't indicate then sort of morning or day I'm, going to have.)

Regarding the shoot, I'm disappointed with Pirelli's company ethic. When I first found their calendar site, years and years ago, they allowed internet access (open) to the history of their calendars, and it was really very interesting for anyone who was in the business or art; then, maybe two years ago, it was suddenly blocked if you didn't have 'membership'! I understand the exclusivity of the actual calendars, but the website representation of the historical interest in the genre? Come on Pirelli, you've sabotaged a huge opportunity.

Regarding the 2012 one, I have no more idea of what's actually in it than anyone else not privy to the job or to the calendar itself. What did strike me was that though the shooting involved a lot of wet clothes (the spraying reminded me so much of what my late wife used to do on our shoots!), there was an emphasis on totally nude black/white images at the end of each separate model segment; I wonder if it means that these shots are the chosen ones? They are very nice, but I thought the semi-translucently clad ones more appealing.

Of the girls, I'd have loved to have worked with three: most of all Isabeli Fontana, and then Margareth Madè and Edita Vilkeviciniute.

Sometimes, it's best if they don't speak, least of all when attempting to draw parallels betwen tyres and 'strong, empowered women'! Utter crap. Perhaps it was all tongue-in-cheek and I missed it.

What I did agree with was Isabeli saying how nice it was being just snapper and model... in that siutuation, with all those folks hanging around? Maybe she meant no art director?

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:06:21 am by Rob C »

WalterEG

« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2011, 05:32:08 am »

Never had much interest or aspiration regarding Pirelli - apart from a set of four on my little van.

Happy to play in my own backyard:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75   Go Up