Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477911 times)

tq-g

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

That's the nice thing about this "Without Prejudice" thread: You should be able to post anything and nobody should complain.

Of course, if you want preempt any complaints, you could always take a photograph of the drawing and post the photograph.   :D
You Sir, are a genius! :D

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »

You Sir, are a genius! :D
But of course! I remark that to myself frequently, even if nobady else does.  ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2011, 03:47:48 am »

But of course! I remark that to myself frequently, even if nobady else does.  ;)

That's interesting, Eric. I find a similar trait developing lo these last few years. Perhaps it's the result of all that experience that drifts into our lives.

I had a peek at Slobodan's graphic display of construction based on 100 dollar bills; do you think it might be the model for some of the newer top-grade (?) camera systems? You know, price based on the number of bills one can compress into the body and stuff into the lenses? It used to be based on pounds sterling per millimetre, but then they felt they were losing out with the wide-angles and a change was introduced at Photokina one year. They never looked back.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »

Finally decided to go with this group show (should have been called Chaos) of mixed artists - painters, snappers, sculptors etc. that's been simmering away, pretending to give birth for weeks.

I figured that the only way to survive it was to take it tongue-in-cheek à la French kiss, and so, in a true spirit of sedition, I  have brought into play the Italo-Iberic-Scot thing, combining an eclectic mix of motifs: a shell from the Bahamas, bought as a prop for a Scottish calendar client, shot years later on a beach in Spain on Kodachrome that's been scanned and then converted into black and white to make my Cinecittá first page of a projection show. (I know what a Parthian shot is, but is there a handle for a first shot? Russ?) This is going to happen on the town hall's machine, and only they know if anything has been calibrated or not. I'm not sure the town hall is ready for this; I may be deported. But at my tender age, who cares?

(Just to keep Slobodan on side, some of the imagery that fleshes it all out was actually shot in Cyprus, so Aphrodite should be happy enough to view the show.)

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:49:22 am by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »

Hey! Good for you, Rob! You're never too old to show your work. I hope you get some good responses, and that the projector doesn't die on you.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2011, 12:48:43 am »

Congrats, Rob!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Dahlmann

« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2011, 04:14:53 am »

3min...

/Daniel

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

Intriguing!

Mike.

fredjeang

« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »

I find this one funny

Rob C

« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:44 am »

A new version of a studio wind-machine, Fred? I used to use an old Electrolux vacuum cleaner. They were longish boxes with holes at both ends. If you connected the hose to one end it sucked and if to the other, it blew. And best of all, it made so much noise you didn't have to listen to anyone! Also, you could aim the damned thing! How cool was that for the 60s?

My mobile and that of my wife both died some time ago, and so I eventually bought another one this week. It's a Samsung Galaxy Ace and has a 5mpx camera, the main reason for choosing it. The thing is anything but intuitive, and so far, I've managed to load a few numbers into the memory. The old card from my dead Nokia worked, but the memory didn't come with it! Seems like nothing ever works the same way twice.

Anyway, to stay on topic - sort of - I sat down for a coffee in a bar this morning and thought yes! the perfect opportunity to play HC-B and make a picture with the mobile. So, I cleverly set up the shot, and when I pressed the button (they should make an electronic cable release...) I didn't get a picture, I got another menu. Amen. It's been like that since I got the damned thing. I spend ages looking at the online instructions... but how the hell do you remember anything?

I've been reading your stuff about Red - you and Cooter must be masochists.

;-)

Rob C

fredjeang

« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »

It looks like a studio wind machine isn't it? But it is an "abanico". the girls was moving it to get cooler and she just noticed I was taking the shot, when she looked at me I pressed the shutter. It was taken with a Pentax I think, quite close.

About Red, I don't own one, I've just experienced the post-prod workflow wich is in fact easier than with other systems. On the contrary, if all equipment was like Red things would be much more simple and we wouldn't have to fight with transcoding, with loosing datas and all the loosing-time-and-energy-chaos.

About the instructions I understand you. Each time I change the phone I try to push further the moment I'll have to read the instructions, until I loose a shot or I didn't save properly the phone number of this beautifull woman I met...annoying micro technology!

Rob C

« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2011, 02:01:10 pm »

It looks like a studio wind machine isn't it? But it is an "abanico". the girls was moving it to get cooler and she just noticed I was taking the shot, when she looked at me I pressed the shutter. It was taken with a Pentax I think, quite close.

About Red, I don't own one, I've just experienced the post-prod workflow wich is in fact easier than with other systems. On the contrary, if all equipment was like Red things would be much more simple and we wouldn't have to fight with transcoding, with loosing datas and all the loosing-time-and-energy-chaos.

About the instructions I understand you. Each time I change the phone I try to push further the moment I'll have to read the instructions, until I loose a shot or I didn't save properly the phone number of this beautifull woman I met...annoying micro technology!

The reality, Fred, is that they are designed as toys for rich children. The chances of an adult finger hitting a single letter or number every time is practically zero. The early calculator (Sinclair?) had the size about right; I could use that reasonably well. Not quickly, you understand, but fairly accurately. But my wife was still quicker and more accurate than I, using her mind alone. She was good at maths...

;- )

Rob C

Mjollnir

« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:53 pm »

Incredible light this weekend in the Alabama Hills.  Still, the higher ISO limitations of a LX5 were quite evident.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:36 am »

Some great clouds too, I see!

Mike.

stevegalle

« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2011, 01:24:44 am »

After the crop debate that the station pic kicked off I thought I'd post something that I cropped heavily (orig is 6x6). I like the image, but it's a pretty strange format for a portrait I guess...

Rob C

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2011, 04:46:05 am »

I quite like the occassional stretch image. Your shot also demonstrates one of the things that I liked about 500 Series cameras: versatility and freedom to change the original to suit the future useage - great for stock. Though 6x7 was, in some ways, superior, it already committed you to an image format which 6x6 didn't quite do to the same extent.

Rob C

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2011, 03:07:42 am »

Reviving this thread with another image I keep getting back to and wonder why.

It's a scene after dropping off my daughter (not in this picture and not at this castle  ;D) and walking around the village a bit before driving home.
My first caption was "sleepover party for pricesses" but that doesn't fit, because princesses would be arriving by horse drawn coaches, and certainly not pull their own suitcase  ???
Who can help with what I saw?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:09:29 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

degrub

« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2011, 06:34:41 am »

how about the long road home

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2011, 04:05:15 pm »

Well, it does like a princess who slipped out the back door and went off to discover the world without being discovered by her family, and after having seen both the good and bad of the 'real world', decided to come home...

Mike.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #499 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:50 pm »

This thread seems to have fallen quiet; it's time to get it going again.

It's a shame about the finger but he's a tricky beast to photograph.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 75   Go Up