Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I sync iPad with Aperture folder?  (Read 9082 times)

Josef Isayo

How do I sync iPad with Aperture folder?
« on: October 18, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »

I can't seem to be able to sync a folder from Aperture to show up with the right sequence of numbers on my iPad. In Aperture the files are numbered 1 through 296 but when syncing with the iPad (via iTunes) they are randomly all over the place.
I spend nearly two hours with Apple tech support with no solution.

Thanks!

keithshane

Re: How do I sync iPad with Aperture folder?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:28:12 am »

That is how iPad Stock Photo app is.. Of course I learnt it hard way but there is no way you can do sequencing or keep pictures in order. You would need to use a third party application for this. I use an app named Sortshots (www.sortshots.com) which lets you sequence on name, size etc. as well as create a custom sequence with a simple drag and drop interface. There are several more features like EXIF/Metadata support, Tagging, Share and so on but the sequencing is the one which made me buy this thing.. Take a look in case that helps

Davaliao

• Top B2B marketplace
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:48:02 am »

i always hold that you have much to learn in your life ,when u r buying a new device ,there are  so many problems to figure out , i have learn to know how to use a bluetooth , how to SYNC my ipad and other personal products , we are always kept in troubles..

pschefz

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »

pixelsync does this and a lot more....take your aperture library with you and work on your ipad....and sync the changes wirelessly...
schefz.com
artloch.com

pflower

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

This is a problem with the ipad and I also was banging my head trying to understand how to import photos in an order that I could control. 

I don't use Aperture but had the same problem with Lightroom.  Someone kindly pointed me to a Russell Brown tip on how to get photos into the ipad in order using Lightroom.  There may be something in it that you could duplicate in Aperture but since I have never used Aperture I have no idea if that is possible.

Anyway the link is http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/LightroomPortfolio_SM.mov

Clearair

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:39 am »

There are problems with image re ordering when moving images to upload to web galleries, to and from Aperture and even the album views.
I tried for hours and gave up with Aperture, I believe it is using original capture data to reorder my images from what I want when editing my project.

No luck with apple tutors. SO try this,

Use the nesting feature and break the sequence that way. I don't know if you can upload nested files into an iPad but it works when I move projects around on my desktop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up