Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Calibrating Monitor NEC EA231WMi  (Read 3609 times)

malam

Help with Calibrating Monitor NEC EA231WMi
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:54:26 pm »

I just got the NEC EA231WMi monitor and need some help in calibrating it with the Spider 3 Pro. There are several default settings and others that are mentioned in the Owners Manual. What are the optimal settings to start with and are there other things I need to check with the Spider Pro ?
Thanks.

ChasP505

Re: Help with Calibrating Monitor NEC EA231WMi
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:01:57 pm »

Start by resetting monitor adustments to factory defaults.  Then make sure you are in "Native" Preset mode.  Leave your contrast alone, but lower your Brightness to 50.  Now run your Spyder3 Pro software, but don't touch any monitor settings.  Consider this first run as a "throwaway".  If the profile works for you, use it.  If the luminance needs some tweaking, adjust the Brightness up or down as needed.
Chas P.

malam

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:26:48 pm »

Did the calibration twice, the result is as follows.

Gamma: 2.2
White Point: 6500K
Brightness:  180

Will use this for a while and see.  Have no way of finding out if this is the "best" for the monitor though.
Thanks.

ChasP505

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:47:35 pm »

Try taking your Brightness down to 30, recalibrate, and then do a standardized test print.

There's no right or wrong luminance level.  Just tweak until you get a good enough match between the display and the print.  Also, I'd anticipate that monitor getting slightly less bright over the first 6 months of use.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/test_images.html
Chas P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up