Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art Wolfe's 'Travels to the Edge'  (Read 30126 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Art Wolfe's 'Travels to the Edge'
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »

I have posted the first seven of the thirteen episodes of Season 2 of Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge

Episode 201 is a visit to stunningly beautiful Hokkaido & Honshu in winter

Episode 202

Episode 203

Episode 204

Episode 205

Episode 206

Episode 207

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:17:35 pm by Chris Sanderson »

Bo Koue Callesen

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 01:07:14 pm »

It could look like the file t2e_202.zip (Australia - Arnhemland & the Kimberley) is damaged, I have now downloaded the file two times and every time it's reported as a damaged zip file.

/bo

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 10:43:50 pm »

My apologies. Yes, the zip file is definitely corrupted. I am uploading a replacement which should be in place around 24:00 ET Friday, Oct. 22
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:59:02 pm by Chris Sanderson »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 12:13:45 am »

The offending file is now replaced. Please let me know if your download and un-zipping works now.

Bo Koue Callesen

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 05:06:05 am »

Thanks it works OK now  :)

Matmiblue

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 04:11:42 pm »

Hello,

having bought the Season 1 of Travels to the Edge when I was in the US, I purchased the first episode of Season II from Lu La (since buying the dvds is not really an option considering the Art Wolfe shop would only ship via ups...). Now, being about ignorant as far as video is concerned, I have no clue what I should do to get the video playable by my DVD player (an LG BD350). I tried to just burn the Quicktime movie onto a blank DVD but it didn't work. I found a nice little software (ConvertXtoDVD) that converted the file into a DVD format. It worked fine except that, because it was a trial version, I had a big watermark in the middle of the screen. Frankly, I'm reluctant to pay $35 for the full version, knowing I will probably never use it again (and I think the $99 for 13 episodes is hefty enough).

Would you happen to know any freeware that would convert the video into a readable format ? I'm cutting and pasting the section about formats from the technical specificities for my DVd player : DivX® 3.x • DivX® 4.x • DivX® 5.x • DivX® 6 • XviD • H.264 • MPEG2 MPEG2 HD • H.264/AVC • VC-1 • AVCHD

Many thanks for your help !

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 04:20:12 pm »

The final six episodes of Season Two of Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge are now available.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »

Would you happen to know any freeware that would convert the video into a readable format ?

I am not familiar with Windows freeware, but check the FAQ for a bit of info...

And please remember that these videos are far better viewed through a set-top box or on your monitor rather than re-converting to a DVD: sooo 20th century  ;D

If you have to watch via a DVD you are much better off (at least in terms of quality) buying the DVDs from Art's online store or through PBS

Matmiblue

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »

Thanks Chris. I had missed the FAQs. I'll check if I could find some freewares in there.

DVDs may indeed by very much 20th century but I'm afraid I don't have an Apple TV and my TV screen being about 4 times larger than my PC screen, it's a lot more comfortable.

As for the DVDs, I honestly would have bought them if the Art Wolfe store was a bit smarter and could ship DVDs internationally using something else than UPS. Paying $220 for the dvds + shipment is just not an option. I don't know if PBS is better but I can't find the Travels to the Edge dvds on their website.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 04:50:21 pm »

The problem is this: when you re-compress video that is already fairly compressed, the results are usually pretty awful...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:15 pm »

Paying $220 for the dvds + shipment is just not an option. I don't know if PBS is better but I can't find the Travels to the Edge dvds on their website.
Check this thread for more pricing info...

MelissaF

• Ingrown hair treatment
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 04:29:58 am »

Hello,
I have just bought the India episode and really enjoyed it.A very good series to watch,however I felt a bit of buyer's remorse thinking.I paid 10 dollars for about 20mins of video compared to an equally excellent BBC documentory based on the story of india which runs for 180mins and costs 10 dollars for two dvds shipped, I have trouble justifying more episodes. Charging about 100 dollars for all epsides (approx. 260mins)  seems like a rip off when considering that this show has been broadcasted by many tv stations and is also sponsored by canon and Microsoft, so  production cost must have been paid by now, assuming a normal  run of business.
Regards,
Ali.

jenbenn

• http://
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:17 am »

ahm, is this meant to be serious or are you being sarcastic? Nothing against copying my post,but your message would be clearer if you had found your own words.

Paul Hansford

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 06:42:13 am »

Chris

Any chance of posting the "cover shots" for episodes 7-13 of Season 1. I like to would include them in iTunes, along with the images for rest of the videos that you have already posted.

Paul

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:51 pm »

If you go to the individual episode in the Store and click on 'larger image' under the graphic, you can save the artwork for each episode.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up