Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PhaseOne.com down fore more than 24h!!!  (Read 19436 times)

nilo

PhaseOne.com down fore more than 24h!!!
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:08:00 am »

Hi,

Since more than 24h I try to reach the P1 website. I only get a "Runtime Error" page from their server. All the rest of the Internet works very fine. We use it the whole day here. I keep reloading p1 without success!?!?

EDIT: It happens that I need to contact support, but there is no way of doing so other than through an anonymous contact on the web page. No web, no support.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:23:30 am by Nino Loss »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: PhaseOne.com down fore more than 24h!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:57:34 am »

Hi,

Since more than 24h I try to reach the P1 website. I only get a "Runtime Error" page from their server. All the rest of the Internet works very fine. We use it the whole day here. I keep reloading p1 without success!?!?

EDIT: It happens that I need to contact support, but there is no way of doing so other than through an anonymous contact on the web page. No web, no support.

Hi Nino,

I understand your frustration, but what do you expect from us? Sure it sucks when we are dependent on the internet to function, but such is life, imperfect.

I have similar issues trying to contact my energy company during a power outage ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:28 am »

I see no problems - have you tried more than one computer and more than one browser? (e.g. chrome/safari/firefox/internet-explorer)?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:48:52 am »

It's also not true that there is no support without the website. Phase One's support is always primarily through their dealers. Only if you  chose to buy directly from phaseone.com rather than a dealer (which is the same price or lower) do you have only the website for support.

Their phone support is usually limited to digital back owners (the web support being offered for software) but if you can't access the website and are polite they'll be happy to help you by phone as well.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

francois

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:06 pm »

Works from here too (Safari/Firefox)…
Francois

nilo

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 12:10:13 pm »

Hi Nino,

I understand your frustration, but what do you expect from us? Sure it sucks when we are dependent on the internet to function, but such is life, imperfect.

I have similar issues trying to contact my energy company during a power outage ...

Cheers,
Bart

Thank you for your understanding. I am not frustrated, at least from what I can tell, only I have no way of knowing why this site, and only this site, does not work from here. I wanted to know if it is only my Internet that does not want to show phase one site.

Your energy company has a phone number to reach them. I got no phone number or way to reach phase one except through their Internet site.

nilo

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:24:44 pm »

I see no problems - have you tried more than one computer and more than one browser? (e.g. chrome/safari/firefox/internet-explorer)?

I continue to have the problem, but now only with Firefox on one computer. I tried to clear the cache and history a few times. Nothing helps. I don't know what that is.

nilo

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:33:46 pm »

It's also not true

what do you mean? I am lying? I maid it up? I don't know to use a computer? Most likely a combination of all this.

that there is no support without the website. Phase One's support is always primarily through their dealers.

my dealer has no idea about the technical software problems of c1, and that's from experience. They will be very helpful, because I know them, but it will take a good while till there is any feedback.
[...] but if you [...] are polite

... ;)

they'll be happy to help you by phone as well.

where can I get that phone number? I couldn't even find one printed in the manual. But I don't think that that is worse than any other company, let's say like Adobe.

nilo

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »

Works from here too (Safari/Firefox)…

thank you. It really looks like a local problem.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »

I continue to have the problem, but now only with Firefox on one computer. I tried to clear the cache and history a few times. Nothing helps. I don't know what that is.

I'm getting the same "Server Error in '/' Application" error message for some time already, with Internet Explorer (haven't tried other browsers).

Cheers,
Bart

nilo

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 03:32:19 pm »

I'm getting the same "Server Error in '/' Application" error message for some time already, with Internet Explorer (haven't tried other browsers).

Cheers,
Bart

Not that I am happy about this, but I started to get a bit paranoid. Maybe because I have no affiliation with any product other than my own marvelous photos ;) (BTW I also tell people if they don't like one of my images, that they are not right, because this is simply a gorgeous image, and there must be something wrong with their eyes or their judgment.)

regards

nino

nilo

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:53:28 am »

Not that I am happy about this, but I started to get a bit paranoid. Maybe because I have no affiliation with any product other than my own marvelous photos ;) (BTW I also tell people if they don't like one of my images, that they are not right, because this is simply a gorgeous image, and there must be something wrong with their eyes or their judgment.)

regards

nino

Finally PhaseOne.com is back again! I did not change anything to my computer, not even restart in the last 48h. I just kept reloading.

I am very happy! I like p1 and c1 a lot  :). Yes, I work everyday hours with their products, which are the one's that I prefer over their concurrents.

regards

nino

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:56 am »

Finally PhaseOne.com is back again!

I can confirm that. No changes were made on my side, so they probably fixed it at their end.

Cheers,
Bart

nilo

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »

I can confirm that. No changes were made on my side, so they probably fixed it at their end.

Cheers,
Bart

Oups. To early! The problem is only partially fixed now. Some part of the Website, like, ironically the support pages, still don't show up.

BTW, I have no problem with their site being down. But it is a usual, and understandable, reaction of most companies to accuse the costumer. It happens again and again. We have a few examples of technical problems with software (just browse this forum). When writing/calling to a support they ask which system are you on and the next thing, it's you at fault. When you slowly understand that there is evidence that it might not have anything to do with you, and carefully collected material, you post in a forum. Why? because you need this to work. Processing files with C1 is the sound of money. And, at least for me, it turns out, most of the time, that I am not alone with this or that issue. But in the beginning there is someone to stand by the company and tell you again the official line. This is always an otherwise perfectly helpful, respectable and polite person. The next stage is that you are told to better contact support and not discuss this publicly (you might also be told that you are just a subtype costumer or so by not spending tens of thousands of dollars). But contacting support is what you already did, with the known result. And than comes the miracle. Yes, suddenly the problem gets attention from the company and simply gets fixed!

Why am I writing this? Same reasoning. Maybe someone in the companies we chose to buy their products from and depend on everyday will finally make a miracle come about. Till this miracle comes we will be told that this is impossible to happen. That's the nature of a miracle  ;).

regards

nino
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:48:49 am by Nino Loss »

ARD

• http://
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 05:01:54 pm »

Have you upgraded your Flash Player plugin for Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

nilo

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:50 am »

yes, and BTW the phase one site is still not working completely for Firefox.

ARD

• http://
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 03:09:12 pm »

I am running Firefox and it is working fine. Might be worth you going over to the forum

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

I believe it is a setting or a conflict on your PC that is causing you the problems. If you post the problem over there someone will be able to help you.

nilo

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 03:40:20 pm »

Very interesting. Thank you. I'll check it out. The computer which runs Firefox is used for documentation and firefox is used there almost 13hours a day. From what I know only Phaseone site did not work, and partially does not work.  Same thing for a laptop I run.

Also, I wrote to support and they told me that they where making changes to the web site. As I said, and others here, without any intervention from my side things got slowly better. Now almost the whole site works.

kind regards

Baxter

• http://www.baxterbradford.com
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »

I got similar error messages on my laptop but was able to log on using desk top. I cleared cookies and this immediately let me log back on to the Phase One site using the laptop. Ironically I later saw a thread about this on Phase One Forum and apparently instead of clearing/resetting all cookies it's possible just to remove those from phase one.

nilo

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 04:31:33 pm »

I got similar error messages on my laptop but was able to log on using desk top. I cleared cookies and this immediately let me log back on to the Phase One site using the laptop. Ironically I later saw a thread about this on Phase One Forum and apparently instead of clearing/resetting all cookies it's possible just to remove those from phase one.

hmmm... I just did that, deleted all phaseone cookies, but that didn't help. Again, till now I did not change a single thing and the P1 Website slowly came back by itself, except for example the contact support  pages, where I still get the "Server Run Time Error"-Page also reported by others.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up