Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can no longer synchronize in ACR by clicking in individual fields..?  (Read 6591 times)

clowney

For a long time, I've synchronized selected settings in ACR across multiple images by adjusting one image to the desired setting, then selecting the additional images, and clicking in the fields I wanted to synchronize - this would instantly copy the value of that field from my primary image and paste that value to all the other images.  Whenever I needed to synchronize many different fields, I'd go to the Synchronize button... but for one or two fields, simply clicking in those fields was always much faster, and my vastly preferred synchronization method.

This method no longer seems to work in ACR (I'm using v.6.2.0.29).  Am I missing something?  Is there still a single-click (or option-click, etc) way to push the value of a given field from one image to all the other selected images in ACR?  I can get used to using the Synchronize button if I have to, but when a convenient feature like this seems to go away, I just feel the need to check and make sure it's actually gone.

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance...
mc

01af

Re: Can no longer synchronize in ACR by clicking in individual fields ...?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:24:30 am »

... just feel the need to check and make sure it's actually gone.

It isn't gone. Something went wrong the last time you tried. Start over and try again. Synchronizing single fields across several files still works the way it always did.

clowney

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:15:11 pm »

It isn't gone. Something went wrong the last time you tried. Start over and try again. Synchronizing single fields across several files still works the way it always did.

Nope.  I swear, I've tried this a number of times, have restarted a number of times, and have tried it on multiple computers.  Selecting two different raw files in ACR with different exposure values (for instance), then clicking on that blank exposure field no longer populates the exposure field with the value from the primary selection.

Does it on your computer..??   

Very confused.

01af

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:45:34 pm »

Does it on your computer ...?

Yes, it does. I am on Windows XP 32-bit, and I tried with ACR 6.1 and ACR 6.2. It works just fine, as it always did.

It seems there is something wrong with your set-up. Try resetting Bridge's and/or Photoshop's preferences. If that doesn't help then I'm afraid it's time to re-install the software. By the way, did you update Bridge to version 4.0.3?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:51:48 pm by 01af »

b2martin

Re: Can no longer synchronize in ACR by clicking in individual fields..?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:03 am »

I use ACR 6.2 on a Windows 7 64 bit system and it updates single values when I select multiple images and click the value I want copied. 

clowney

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »

Hmm.  Very strange!

Maybe this is a mac/pc difference, then.  I'm on a Mac.
I've tried resetting the preferences, but it makes no difference, and I've tried on multiple Macs, with the same problem every time.

It's encouraging to hear that this still works on PCs, as that gives me hope that it wasn't removed intentionally....
Any other people with Macs able to weigh in on this, perhaps?

:\

francois

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:17 pm »

I'm using Macs and I can still sync ACR setting on multiple images. Try to log-in with a different user account and see if you still have the sync issue.
Francois

clowney

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 12:30:43 am »

I'm using Macs and I can still sync ACR setting on multiple images. Try to log-in with a different user account and see if you still have the sync issue.

To be clear, I can synchronize multiple images in ACR.  I just don't seem to be able to do it by merely clicking once in the empty field when multiple images (with different values for that field) are selected.  Are you able to sync images that way on your Mac?

Again, I've experienced the same problem on every Mac I've tried this on.

francois

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 01:24:43 am »

Instead of clicking in the empty filed, try to click on the title of the setting you want to sync. It works on my MacBook Pro (10.6.4), I'm out of town and cannot test on other Macs.

Let me know if it works?
Francois

clowney

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 09:57:48 am »

Instead of clicking in the empty filed, try to click on the title of the setting you want to sync. It works on my MacBook Pro (10.6.4), I'm out of town and cannot test on other Macs.

Let me know if it works?

Yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
BLESS YOU. That does it!

francois

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 10:44:02 am »

Glad to see that it did the trickā€¦
Francois

MelissaF

• Ingrown hair treatment
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 04:35:16 am »

Yeah it does.I am using Windows XP 32-bit and I tried it with ACR 6.1 and ACR 6.2. It is working properly as it always did.
Seems like there is something wrong with your setup.
Regards,
Ali.
Pages: [1]   Go Up