Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3200 issues  (Read 1691 times)

a.lorge

HP z3200 issues
« on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:32 pm »

Hi, I posted a message about a month back about receiving a faulty z3200.  At this point the printer is about a month old and still not working properly.  Getting HP to send a tech out to fix this thing has been like pulling teeth.  All they want to do is send me replacement printheads.  So here is an example of the problem.  You can see in these two linearization charts, the green channel goes from fully functional to non-existant in the course of 7 minutes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30597786@N05/4987550128/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30597786@N05/4986949969/

I am 99% certain that it is not a printhead issue at this point since the same thing has already happened with the matte black and magenta channels.  Any ideas what could be causing this?  It almost seems like a loose connection somewhere, but I don't know enough about printer mechanics to pinpoint the issue (I should probably learn more about this subject).

felix5616

Re: HP z3200 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »

did you contact the vendor that sold you the printer. With my 1st HAP printer, a Z3100 i had several problems related to firmware that i could not resolve. I called up the vendor and complained, about the printer and HPs response. The vendor sent out his technican and spent 5 hours(for free) getting things worked out. I eventually got HP to extend the buy back period an extra 2 months.  I now have a Z3200 and this one has been nearly trouble free, and when service was needed it was quick and painless.

a.lorge

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »

I contacted the vendor (itsupplies in this case) and they referred me to HP and it seems to be going back and forth like that.  Can you explain what you mean by buy back period?  I've never heard of that before.  HP basically told me today that they can't accept returns.  At this point I'd be more than happy to crate the printer up and send it back to them.  It's cost me an unreasonable amount of time and I'd be just as happy to get rid of it as I would to get it fixed.  I've had a z3100 for about 4 years now, and it's been more or less trouble free.  I keep it under warranty, so there have been a few service calls here and there, but it's more or less been a work horse.  The last thing I expected was for a brand new printer to be this much trouble. 

trentf

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:50 am »

I dont know who you are talking to at HP. Is your call being directed to the right people.  I bought my Z3200 direct.  It had an issue of not taking sheet paper.  I called support,  we worked a bit over the phone.  About a hour later I got a case number and the next day HP had a tech on site.  I am in a small community.  Closest tech was 90 minutes away.  They could not have offered any better service.  I keep calling and calling until you get a manager.  Good luck, it is a GREAT printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up