Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5DII Shutter Glitch??  (Read 1372 times)

ron ritcher

5DII Shutter Glitch??
« on: September 11, 2010, 11:52:18 pm »

Just replaced my 40D with the 5II, and tried it out this afternoon.  Each time I hit the shutter button, there was a soft click and then the viewfinder turned dark.  Surprised, I'd hit the button a couple seconds later, and there would be another click and the image appeared.  Exposures seemed accurate, but when I tried hand-holding, it appears that the 2nd push of the button is actually the one that trips the shutter . . . very odd.

Tried Live View, and it worked as I expected -- disengaging it didn't affect "regular" shutter-release attempts, nor did moving from single to continuous shooting do anything.  I'm stumped!!  Any ideas??  Thanks . . .

Admittedly, I've not done much homework on this issue, and haven't even plowed through the manual completely, so this is probably something simple I'm overlooking -- you assistance, however, will do wonders to help restore my sanity.

--Ron

DarkPenguin

Re: 5DII Shutter Glitch??
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:59:01 pm »

Perhaps you should consider turning off mirror lock up.

ron ritcher

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:36 am »

Why, THANK-YOU, Sir!  Yep, I figured it would be something right under my nose. (My undoing was in not realizing how the Custom Functions work -- I'm guessing I could save Mirror-lockup in C1, 2, or 3 for easy access, is that correct?  But I really probably won't use that feature much unless in Live View, so maybe it's a moot point...)

Again, thanks for such a quick, easy answer!

--Ron

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 02:22:59 pm »

I just use live view instead of MLU.

I believe you can save it in the custom dial thingies.  I think that is how it got me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up