Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having trouble calibrating 2nd monitor in OS X  (Read 1292 times)

dealy663

Having trouble calibrating 2nd monitor in OS X
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:07:40 am »

Hi

I've just got myself a brand new Mac Pro. My primary monitor is an NEC lcd2690wuxi2 which I've calibrated with SpectraView II. I finally got an adapter to hook up my plain jane Samsung SyncMaster 172N with a standard VGA connector.

On my previous Windows machines I used my old i1 Display2 and i1 Match for calibrating the Samsung. While it wasn't perfect it was close enough to the NEC that I didn't care. However on this new Mac even after calibration the Samsung is very different than the NEC. The contrast, black level, and colors are all much wimpier and faded on the Samsung after calibrating it with i1 Match.

So my question is what can I do about this? When I boot to Win7 in bootcamp the NEC and Samsung monitors are pretty close again. I've not calibrated either under Win7 on this new Mac Pro. Is there some way to make the Samsung better match the colors that I'm getting on the NEC?

When calibrating the Samsung I picked the same D65 color and 120 cd/m2 luminence (which is the way I always did this before in Windows).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Derek
Derek
[url=http://www.grandprixsw.com/Wo
Pages: [1]   Go Up