Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Park Bench  (Read 1425 times)

allenmacaulay

Park Bench
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »

Taken last fall at a local park.  Thoughts?

Stecyk

Re: Park Bench
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:35:02 am »

I am not experienced at critiquing photographs, so be warned.

Given that the focus of the photograph is the bench, I would like to see the entire bench.  With its one leg partially cut off, I think of a photograph of a person with her fingers cut off. It jumps out at me.

Perhaps get a bit lower when taking the shot--almost as though you were a child experiencing the wonder of the fall.

You might wish to frame your shot so that the one set of tree branches on the close side of sidewalk are out of the frame.

And last, the sky is blown out or completely gray.  If there was some color and texture, that would be better.

All that said, if I stop looking at the photograph technically and just look at it for pure enjoyment, I like it.  I like the peaceful serene setting with beautiful colors.  I love colors, so that alone makes me like your photograph. I like that the bench is strong and prominent.

I hope these comments are helpful.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:18:05 am »

Taken last fall at a local park.  Thoughts?
The orientation of the bench leeds the eye out of the picture.
The background is OOF ¿focus stacking?
I think I would have forgotten about the bench, and got down to the water's edge.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

allenmacaulay

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 11:30:13 am »

Thanks for the tips.  I checked several other photos taken on the same day and it was indeed a flat grey sky.  Getting lower for a child's eye view sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm out in the park again in a month or so. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up