Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Process Version  (Read 2731 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Process Version
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:43:19 am »

Here's one for Eric or Jeff, or...

Using LR 3.2 RC.  All new images imported into LR are being brought in as process version 2003 instead of 2010.  If I select one image in the Develop module I can go to Settings and change its process version to 2010.  If I select all images in the film strip and the most selected image is already converted, the 'Update to Current Process (2010)' is grayed out. If the most selected image is the 2003 process version, then 'Update to Current Process' only changes the most selected image.  There's no facility to 'change all images in the filmstrip' the way there used to be.  Is it just me?  Windows 7, 32-bit, BTW.

Thanks,
Mike.

P.S.  Ended up selecting all, converting one to 2010 then using the Sync button with only Process Version selected to convert the rest, but it should be importing them as 2010 automatically, yes?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:48:56 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Process Version
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:15:56 am »

Here's one for Eric or Jeff, or...

Using LR 3.2 RC.  All new images imported into LR are being brought in as process version 2003 instead of 2010.  If I select one image in the Develop module I can go to Settings and change its process version to 2010.  If I select all images in the film strip and the most selected image is already converted, the 'Update to Current Process (2010)' is grayed out. If the most selected image is the 2003 process version, then 'Update to Current Process' only changes the most selected image.  There's no facility to 'change all images in the filmstrip' the way there used to be.  Is it just me?  Windows 7, 32-bit, BTW.

Thanks,
Mike.

P.S.  Ended up selecting all, converting one to 2010 then using the Sync button with only Process Version selected to convert the rest, but it should be importing them as 2010 automatically, yes?
Mike,

I think that what you describe is what I'd expect: if the "most selected" is already 2010 version, how can "convert to 2010" be enabled?

One answer is this: make the "most selected" an image which is still at 2003 and click the exclamation mark icon at the bottom right of the image panel in the develop module. You'll then get the warning dialog, with a button "Update all filmstrip photos". If you have any other photos selected, that button will read "Update all selected photos".

Of course, if you've previously selected "Don't show again" in this dialog, this method won't work until you re-enable warning dialogs ("general" panel of the preferences dialog).

HTH

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:35:47 am »

Mike,
I don't see the import with 2003 process issue on my Mac. Are you sure that your default setting for your particular camera doesn't set the 2003 process by default?

You can read more about Default Develop Settings on Ian Lyons' website: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_camera/lr2-camera-defaults.htm (article has been updated for LR3).

Keep us posted

Francois

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:39:06 pm »

One answer is this: make the "most selected" an image which is still at 2003 and click the exclamation mark icon at the bottom right of the image panel in the develop module. You'll then get the warning dialog, with a button "Update all filmstrip photos". If you have any other photos selected, that button will read "Update all selected photos".

Jeremy:  That's what I would have expected, but when I tried that I didn't get the dialogue I was looking for and it only updated the current image instead of all of them.

I think I'm going to go into preferences and reset all Develop settings, then try importing again.

Mike.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:04:20 am »

Yes, it should be importing the images as PV 2010. You're not by any chance applying an import preset during the import process that might be setting the PV to 2003?

Another way to batch-set a group of images to PV 2010 is to select them in Grid view, then right-click to bring up the context menu, then choose Develop Settings -> Update to Current Process (2010). Alternatively, you'll find the same option in the "Photo" menu on the usual menu bar.
Eric Chan

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:54 pm »

Hi Eric: 

I didn't see your reply until now, and by then I had figured it out by myself.  And yes, you were right, it was 'operator error'.  I went into Preferences and reset all of the Develop settings, then imported 500 more images.  All of them were listed as process version 2003.  After converting them using 'Synch' I created a blank catalogue and imported 8 images from the same SD card.  They came in as process version 2010.  I use an 'all zeroed' import preset for my main catalog because I like to make my own Develop decisions, and while I'm generally fastidious about checking only the relevant boxes for develop presets, this one was created in LR 2 - when process versions didn't exist - and I had all of the boxes checked to set all of the develop fields to '0'.  When the preset was updated for LR3 by Lightroom the 'process version' box became checked also, and since it is applied on import, it set every file imported to process version 2003.  Corrected now.  I should probably simply change the default Develop settings and do away with the import preset altogether.

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up