I think you will find with most technical books, that there will be a lot of similarities between new revisions, with the exception of the new part that has been added.
Though I haven't finished Martin & Jeff's first book, i found it a good reference book, I also have Martin's P4P CS book, and have had no need to buy any of them since, until the Ultimate Workshop came out.
Given they are over AUD$100 here in Australia, it isn't just one you pick off the shelf for a bit of entertainment sunday afternoon. But I will have a peek at it anyway :-)
Henrik
quote author=jgbowerman link=topic=45658.msg383041#msg383041 date=1282316186]
Martin Evening writes the best books on Photoshop, IMO. CS5 was a bit of a disappointment for me only because is was a rehashed version of his CS4 book, which is understandable, but I think he could have done a better job. This is unlike Evening's Lightroom 3 book, where he went all the way and re-wrote the book making it a more valuable resource. But still, if you want one book on CS5, Evening is the way to go. Lynda.com is the other invaluable resource in getting the most in terms of fully implementing CS5 as well as LR3.
[/quote]