I have been trying to figure out how to close the loop on my geotagging. I use Downloader Pro with Adobe Bridge and CS4 for most of my file management chores. When I download my pics, Downloader Pro encodes the CR2 files with geotagging data by putting the Lat and Lon in the XMP metafile. I can access the geotagging through Bridge.
Here is where the problems comes in:
FIRST: When I make a panoramic image with PTGui, the geotagged data is NOT encoded in the output file, though it is present in the temporary TIFF files that I use to create the pano. How can I re-associate the geotagged data with the resulting pano? I can't do it by time because the pano's creation date corresponds to when I stitched, not when I took the shots. I thought that I once read something about preserving geotagging in PTGui images, but I can't find any mention of it.
SECOND: When photoshop saves a jpg or saves to the web, it strips ALL metadata. I want to leave the geotagging metadata in the jpg. I don't know how to force it to keep that data. Any ideas?