Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant get my Epson R2400 to work with my MacBook, prints unusable  (Read 928 times)

Ken R

Hi, I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2400 printer and I use a MacBook Pro (Intel) w/ OSX 10.5.8

I have been trying to get a normal print without success. I have downloaded and installed the latest drive from Epson but still get awful, unsuable, "solarized"? prints. I just put in a new set of inks too just in case (the printer has been off for months). I am really at loss, right now the printer is basically an expensive paper weight. What can I do. I get gorgeous small prints from my cheapo Canon i860 printer but with this epson I get nothing. I need to make some large prints.

Help

Jeff Phillips

Re: Cant get my Epson R2400 to work with my MacBook, prints unusable
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:04:31 am »

Have you run a head cleaning and a nozzel check from the epson utility?  Epsons that have not seen much use can have clogged print heads.  Also on the list is to make sure you are not double profiling (turn off color management if Photoshop manages color)...
See my photos at: [url=http://www.fredmi

Ken R

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:29:39 pm »

High, I am printing out of lightroom. I did the nozzle clean check and nothing. It seems its the driver. I tried manually forcing LR to use other paper type drivers and get different results, on was getting closer to a normal print but stil awful in places. Nothing so far has worked.  :(

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:05:33 am »

This may be an annoying question, please forgive me but it is important to know before adding to your problems with a unhelpful answer.  Have you calibrated your laptop's screen and created a profile for it?  Are you using that profile?  Are you soft-proofing in Photoshop?

Jerry

John S C

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:09 am »

Have you tried printing from iPhoto. This has a simple printer operation. May indicate if the problem is with the printer or the configuration.
Also are you running Lightroom as a 64 or 32 bit application. If it is 64 bit try opting for 32. I had some problems with my 2880 in the early days  and found that it worked better in 32 bit, Although the latest drivers from Epson seem to work OK in 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up