Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print sizes coming up short. Any ideas?  (Read 1300 times)

natas

Print sizes coming up short. Any ideas?
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:53:38 pm »

Hi,

I have been using Imageprint for my printing for the past 2 months whenever I do anything with more than one image.

I have been struggling with a issue that pops up pretty frequently. Today was a perfect example:

I setup a print in Imagenest. I set the paper size to 17inches wide by 60inches in length. I set the paper roll type in the driver to Rollpaper Banner and clicked on the Save Paper option (as suggested by there website).

In imagenest I had the following images loaded in:
6 *  8x10's
1 * 8x12
3 * 5x7's

The print completed so I started the cutting. I noticed one of the 5x7 was to short (ended up at around 4.75) and 2 of the 8x10's were around 7.75x10 and the 8x12 was also 7.75x12. This has happened multiple times to me. I see the same issue with all my papers (epson and 3rd party). Is there a reason why this is happening? I figured it may of been a rounding error when uprezing or downrezing before sending to the printer so I have started to set all my images to exact sizes. This particular print I had all images set to the exact size at 360dpi. I am using an Epson 7900.

Any ideas? I can't tell you how many times I wasted paper and ink because of this.

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:48:26 pm »

Does it only happen in one direction (the direction of the print feed for example)? If it is in the direction of the print feed you may have to do a print feed calibration. I'm actually not sure how this is done in the Epson world but I've run into the same thing on Canon printers before and the fix was relatively quick and easy.

Cheers, Joe

natas

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02:40 pm »

I spoke with support at Imagenest and they helped me out. I think we figured out the issue

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »

Care to share what you found? The suspense is killing me.
Randy Carone

natas

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »

Quote from: Randy Carone
Care to share what you found? The suspense is killing me.

The default layout when placing images in imagenest puts images to the far left of the page. The far edge will not be printed unless you print borderless. I always assumed the layout would only throw images in the printable area by default
Pages: [1]   Go Up