Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem  (Read 4787 times)

Kirk Gittings

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1561
    • http://www.KirkGittings.com
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:04:14 pm »

In the middle of working on a layered 16bit tiff image, after using the Vanishing Point filter successfully twice on this image, I now get an error at VP launch saying "the operation could not be completed". VP works fine subsequently on all other layered tiff images from the same shoot. It is just this one where VP no longer works.

1) Flattening the image does not help.
2) Resaving the image as a PSD, layered or flattened, does not help.
3) Rebooting the computer does not help.
4) Turning off GSL does not help.
5) Converting to 8 bit doesn't help.

I'm at a loss.....

This is on CS4 on a 64bit Vista Ultimate machine.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:31:32 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Logged
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Kirk Gittings

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1561
    • http://www.KirkGittings.com
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:27 pm »

Ok if I copy and paste the image in a new window VP will work.

Which tells me what? Copying and pasting into a new window like that strips what from the image besides metadata?

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:46:58 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Logged
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

walter.sk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1433
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:06:10 pm »

Quote from: Kirk Gittings
Ok if I copy and paste the image in a new window VP will work.

Which tells me what? Copying and pasting into a new window like that strips what from the image besides metadata?

Any thoughts?
Sounds as if something got corrupted, or that one of the layers is not rasterized.  What happens if you open the file and save it under another name?
Logged

Kirk Gittings

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1561
    • http://www.KirkGittings.com
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:27:34 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
Sounds as if something got corrupted, or that one of the layers is not rasterized.  What happens if you open the file and save it under another name?

Ok it just happened again on an image with no layers. So that is not the issue. Again it happened after doing a couple of successful VP procedures on the image. I will try renaming the file........nope that did not solve it.
Logged
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Kirk Gittings

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1561
    • http://www.KirkGittings.com
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:29:10 pm »

Again it only worked by pasting the image into a clean new window.
Logged
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

walter.sk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1433
CS4 Vanishing Point filter problem
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:23 pm »

Quote from: Kirk Gittings
Again it only worked by pasting the image into a clean new window.
When I get strange results, I trash the preferences file and things go well again.  To avoid unnecessarily redoing my preferences more than once, after I have redone the preferences I copy the new file to my desktop.  Then, if it gets corrupted again I just delete the old one and replace it with the one from the desktop.  Don't ask me what folder, though.  I have it written somewhere...
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up