Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iceland  (Read 4446 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Iceland
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:00:01 pm »

I am leaving for Iceland tomorrow for three weeks of photography with Daniel Bergman and a couple of other Lula members/regulars.

I hope to post updates and photos to my blog throughout the trip and some photographs to this forum as well - Pending time and internet availability.

On the off chance anyone else is going to be in Iceland during the next few weeks please drop me a line of you would like to hook up for some shooting.

Play nicely whilst I am away  
Wild Nature Photo Travel

ternst

Iceland
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:30:39 am »

Hey Josh, I'll be in Reykavik on the 10th and headed out with Daniel on the 11th for his backcountry trip. Sounds like you've got a great trip planned - hope you have enough memory for all the terrific places you'll be! Have fun... Tim Ernst in Arkansas

francois

Iceland
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:47:57 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
I am leaving for Iceland tomorrow for three weeks of photography with Daniel Bergman and a couple of other Lula members/regulars.

I hope to post updates and photos to my blog throughout the trip and some photographs to this forum as well - Pending time and internet availability.

On the off chance anyone else is going to be in Iceland during the next few weeks please drop me a line of you would like to hook up for some shooting.

Play nicely whilst I am away  
Keep us posted, Josh. Iceland is a paradise for landscape/wildlife photographers.
Good luck!
Francois

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Iceland
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:06:43 am »

Quote from: Josh-H

A bunch of Phase One guys will be in Iceland for the PODAS Workshop starting Aug 29th (I'll be there the week before as well). We'll also be shooting with Daniel...small world huh?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:30:18 am by Chris Sanderson »

Josh-H

Iceland
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:33:26 am »

Quote from: Schewe
A bunch of Phase One guys will be in Iceland for the PODAS Workshop starting Aug 29th (I'll be there the week before as well). We'll also be shooting with Daniel...small world huh?

LOL - indeed, very small. You may well be flying in on the very plane I am flying out on if you are coming in on the 22nd.

The weather here at the moment is amazing - beautiful and sunny.

Good luck with the shoot - which is what I am off to go and do now  
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

Re: Iceland
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:09:22 am »

I have put together a debrief and some thoughts on what did and didnt work from my recent Iceland trip along with some snapshots from the trip on my Blog at http://blog.jholko.com for anyone interested in how the trip was.

I've got weeks of sorting, editing and processing to do now!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:11:08 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 08:26:06 am »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

francois

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:32:22 am »

Wonderful story Josh, thanks for relating your Icelandic experience.
Francois

markadams99

• http://thelightcavalry.zenfolio.com
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 07:55:39 pm »

I enjoyed your write up, thanks. You mentioned a wish to go back to the Snaefellnes region. I went at end April. Wonderful. Empty. Quite a few of my Iceland album are from that region - http://tinyurl.com/34kbzb5 .

I missed out on the NW fjords, which is the adjacent region, so if anyone's interested in sharing a NW Iceland photo-trip, let me know. End April/Early May has 16 hours+ of light and cheaper hotels and car hire. More time to sleep too. Some central inland tracks are impassable that early, but that doesn't matter too much for the North-West.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:06:05 am by markadams99 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up