Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yosemite Valley Fall colors?  (Read 3201 times)

matt4626

Yosemite Valley Fall colors?
« on: October 26, 2004, 12:52:35 pm »

Good info at calphoto.com. Latest post indicates thing are just starting to turn. I'm heading tot he valley next week and expect lots of color.

didger

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:20:53 pm »

Thanks.  I hope I can make it.  I had a super couple of weeks of Sierra fall colors shooting and Yosemite Valley is about the last chance for more.

didger

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:13:49 pm »

Thanks for the update.  When I heard that the snow in Yosemite Valley has been the most they've ever had so early in all the years there's been any records and that the tree colors were getting good, I got a little excited.  If my truck is out of the repair place tomorrow, I'm outta here and I'll stay for a couple weeks if things look as interesting as they should.  If the snow lightens up, the colors should progress nicely.  If the snow gets heavier, well, I'll have my snowshoes and full on winter gear along and I'll do an overnight hike to the rim of the valley.

didger

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 10:35:26 am »

The Zion thread reminds me that Yosemite might be good right now and remain good for a while longer.  Anybody been there recently?  Are the leaves just turning, or at their peak, or waning, or blown off?

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 01:16:42 pm »

I'm going tomorrow and Thursday and I can let you know by Friday.
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 07:57:44 pm »

Well, it's pretty good right now.  Alders by the river that get direct sun are showing some red, most everything else is yellow or dull yellow-green.  Color is not peak, but to get better it will have to warm up.  And with the snow, who knows if that will happen...

While not the most spectacular color I've ever seen in Yosemite, it is still pretty good.  However, what I've NEVER seen before (at least as a photographer) is snow on the valley floor in conjunction with fall color -- that's unusual as the first snow is usually much later.  

Anyway, here are a few shots to give you and idea of what it looks like -- disclaimer: these are not my best, just the first two off the cards that I felt showed what was going on in the park color-wise.

http://jack.cameraphile.org/gallery....album05

Cheers,
Jack
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/
Pages: [1]   Go Up