Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 5 demo  (Read 5443 times)

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:46 pm »

I'm very new to working with RAW images and I have downloaded the trial version of Capture One. When I open the final product in CS4 I see vertical stripes, some light and some dark. Which are suppose to be the final output version? The light stripes or the dark stripes? It's had for me to evaluate the final produce if I can not tell which one I should be considering. But it does look nice even just using the auto feature.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:29 am »

Quote from: DeanSonneborn
I'm very new to working with RAW images and I have downloaded the trial version of Capture One. When I open the final product in CS4 I see vertical stripes, some light and some dark. Which are suppose to be the final output version? The light stripes or the dark stripes? It's had for me to evaluate the final produce if I can not tell which one I should be considering. But it does look nice even just using the auto feature.

Maybe you can post a shot of what you're seeing because you should not see 'stripes' at all.  I used the trial version for a month before buying and it did not add stripes to anything when exporting a file to CS4 or CS5.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:39:10 am by mcbroomf »

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:04 pm »

[attachment=22857:DSC0300_copy.jpg]Here's an example. I justed used the quick setting and the auto setting to create the tiff from the nef file. The tiff did not want to upload so I transformed it into a jpg. I still se the bands in CS4.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:58:13 pm »

Yes, something is very wrong with that.  What does it look like if you open the Raw file in CS4 without going through C1?

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 01:03:22 pm »

When I open that vary image via bridge-camera raw-CD4 it looks fine, no bands.

Paul Sumi

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:22:35 pm »

Something is definitely wrong.  You didn't say, which camera/model are you using?  It's a long shot but am wondering if C1 supports your camera's RAW.

Paul

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 04:04:37 pm »

nikon d50 so it's supported

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:55:34 pm »

I'm starting to understand this program and I sure wish I could get it working right. I'm using an Nvidia video card and CS4 and everything else works fine even the demo of Capture NX2, viewnx, nikon transfer and every other graphics program has video that works correctly. It just Capture One that doesn't display the images right. What type of video cards are other people, who don't have this problem, using?

K.C.

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 11:31:16 pm »

Something corrupted when you installed C1. I've seen no other reports of this problem and have installed the demo for a friend who shoots Nikon just this week, works fine for her.

Delete and reinstall.

DeanSonneborn

Capture One 5 demo
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 08:53:16 am »

I contacted PhaseOne support and they indicated that adobecmm was probably causing the trouble. I removed it and now it works perfect. Thanks for everyone's consideration about this issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up