Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OS 10.6.4 Update & Aperture 3  (Read 7579 times)

JonRoemer

• http://www.jonroemer.com/
Mac OS 10.6.4 Update & Aperture 3
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:45:59 am »

The Mac 10.6.4 update released this evening corrects the metadata incompatibility between Aperture 3 and Photoshop.  Makes the metadata more widely readable by third-party programs.  Seems to work perfectly now.

10.6.4 also adds tethering for the 1Ds Mark III and the 5D Mark II.  Word is that some other Canon cameras are included in the mix but Apple has not published an updated list yet.

--

Here's the updated list from Apple of cameras which work with tethered shooting in Aperture.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:00:22 am by JonRoemer »

Hywel

• http://www.restrainedelegance.com
Mac OS 10.6.4 Update & Aperture 3
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:43 pm »

Quote from: JonRoemer
The Mac 10.6.4 update released this evening corrects the metadata incompatibility between Aperture 3 and Photoshop.  Makes the metadata more widely readable by third-party programs.  Seems to work perfectly now.

10.6.4 also adds tethering for the 1Ds Mark III and the 5D Mark II.  Word is that some other Canon cameras are included in the mix but Apple has not published an updated list yet.

--

Here's the updated list from Apple of cameras which work with tethered shooting in Aperture.

... but beware. Several people have had computer freezes and need-to-hard-restart-the-whole-Mac display crashes following the 10.6.4. update with Aperture 3.0.3. I'd hold off on updating until this has been looked at, as 10.6.3 and Aperture 3.0.3. seem to be stable.

May be an issue with NVidia display drivers as others have reported 3D game performance issues with 10.6.4. It seems to freeze the computer, or cause repeated flickering of the display, spinning beach ball of death and/or display corruption. Seems to be worse when Aperture is trying to do several things at once (like process a pile of previews AND import AND edit pics).

It's been reported to Apple and hopefully there will be a fix soon but in the meantime I've just rolled back to 10.6.3

Cheers, Hywel.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:30:12 pm by Hywel »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Mac OS 10.6.4 Update & Aperture 3
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:15:34 am »

I had real problems with the update. No Finder, no Dock, no HD avaialble on the desktop. Hard restart, then abandoned it & went off to use my son's Macbook (without updating it!). Half an hour later my iMac started working again, though sluggish, with the spinning beachball working overtime. Haven't even dared to open Aperture yet. Normality seems to be breaking out slowly, though I've done nothing more than check emails & use Safari so far.

My advice - proceed with caution
Pages: [1]   Go Up